What's new

HELP Girigiri Guardian Heroes

bimbomix

Hi All,
I'm a newbie really addicted to GuardianHeroes
I've seen some screenshot from flow running with GiriGiriHacked (by Flow)

I can't go BEYOND the presentation in FMV
After that I got black screen with disturbing sound (extremly loud scracthing noise).

I have ISO+MP3 and I've tried to convert/use in almost every combination of area code (japan, us, europe) + cue/bin, iso , daemon tools ecc. + gamesdat...

I have w2k with a HP omnibook 6000 (audio is ESS Maestro PCI (WDM))

Can someone help me? Can someone post me the EXACT configuration that is running (please Flow...)?

I'm desperate...

Thanks in advance
Bimbomix

Lex

bimbomix said:
Hi All,
I'm a newbie really addicted to GuardianHeroes
I've seen some screenshot from flow running with GiriGiriHacked (by Flow)

I can't go BEYOND the presentation in FMV
After that I got black screen with disturbing sound (extremly loud scracthing noise).

I have ISO+MP3 and I've tried to convert/use in almost every combination of area code (japan, us, europe) + cue/bin, iso , daemon tools ecc. + gamesdat...

I have w2k with a HP omnibook 6000 (audio is ESS Maestro PCI (WDM))

Can someone help me? Can someone post me the EXACT configuration that is running (please Flow...)?

I'm desperate...

Thanks in advance
Bimbomix
What kind of graphics card do you have?

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
Well, if the game actually boots up in girigiri, then it's probably a bad iso. Try burning the iso onto a cd. Then run it from the cd with girigiri.

OP
B

bimbomix

Hi all,

My video card is an ATI RAGE Mobility-M AGP.

I don't thin it's a bad ISO due to the fact that within SSF it runs (with SSF speed you know)

Maybe it might be sound card problems because another ISO (Sega Ages#2) runs with the same strange sound while Sega Rally runs almost perfectly but I can heard the strange sound during button switch...

I think is a configuration issue or a problem with my w2k-soundcard

have someone seen something like that?

Thanks
F

MihoKiyo

The Lone Huntress
Strange...my GiriGiri runs Guardian Heroes flawlessly and burned the cue+bin myself. However, I do notice that sometimes when trying to load up, it just hangs with a black screen. My only advice is to restart and sit through more of the cinematics. For some reason, watching the cinematics (although juttery) decreases the chance of the black screen

flow``

flow``
*shrugs* i have an original, got it fairly cheap off ebay in a collection with about 6-7 other games

as far as my specs..
amd athlon xp 1600+
geforce2 ultra w/ 44.03 drivers, dx9a
sb live x-gamer 5.1 w/ kxproject.com drivers
plextor 24x10x40a v1.04 firmware

xp+sp1a and all updates

the only advice i could give it to preferable switch to win2k/xp and the latest service pack (i suggest slipstreaming and formatting), then updating your drivers and software *shrugs*

try updating your drivers first before going on with any format and re-install.

flow``

flow``
you can find updated audio drivers here -> http://www.esstech.com/techsupp/drivers.shtm

you'll have to look around rage3d.com for info on your video card drivers as i'm not familiar with ati stuff and ati doesnt officially support their notebook chips on their website (and most manuf's are lazy with updating them)

Raven.pt

Hi ppl, my first post =D.

Now to the probs, i have d/l from Edonkey a version that says PAL, so probably EU version of the game >_>, but, i tried the hacked version of girigiri by gavione, and it says disk isnt suitable for that system or something like that, in satourne, it crashes after a tiny bit of the intro, and in sff the same.

WHAT THE HELL CAN I DO? I MUST PLAY THIS GAME AGAIN!!!

I tried runing with a loader from the cue and bin, tried runing from a mounted image using Daemon, tried almost all regions.

help plz

*EDIT: I MADE IT!!!!!! Is there anyway i can speed up the game? i dont know how i made it, i just loaded it like i tried before many times, but this time it worked

Last edited:

Raven.pt

WEll, i get around 60 fps, but, it gets slow sometimes, but that was a characteristic of Guardian heroes, at least the PAL version, wich was the one i used to have for Saturn

merlin01

How

How do you made it.
I have Giri giri and a bin/cue of guardian heroes (EU) but the game freeze when it's write on the screen the logo of SEGA...

thanks

Copperkid

Ok, been trying everywhere!! Last place i'm gonna try to figure this out

Guardian heroes...I have these files
1.Guardian Heroes (u).ccd
2.Guardian Heroes (u).img
3.Guardian Heroes (u).sub

Using Alcohol 120% i verted the .IMG to a BIN/CUE just fine, GiriGiri still will only get past the bios and then tell me the disc is unsuitable for the system.The region info on the img is USA/Canada, and i also have the GiriGiri loader set to the same region. So i dont think its a regional thing (maybe i'm wrong). Here's where things start to seem wierd. Theres a bunch of talk about converting the iso + WAV files...explored my .IMG file...yup no mp3's nor WAV's..so the music as been ripped somehow. Now i know what the .CCD is, and the .IMG...but what the HELL is that .SUB file?? Its unreadable and big enough file size to be contianing music...Is IT holding my music hostage?!? And is that actually the reason i cant Giri Giri wont accept the BIN? Going through a shit load of help files i always run across "explore the IMG, convert the MP3 to WAV..then create bin/cue, blah blah blah blah" Well i dont seem to find the music tracks ANYWHERE...help me!

I've wanted to play this game since '96. just never had the chance..maybe i got a bogus .IMG? anyone direct me to where i could get like an ISO/BIN/CUE that actually works?? lol or anyone know if i may just be doing somthin wrong here.. thanx soo much for help

zman

Please refer to my howto guid which I just posted.

The way the emulator works. It should not matter what video card or sound card you have. What does matter is how you made the cue/bin files and set up
the toc.bin file and base.ini file. Also try using the europe bios and rename it to bios.bin

bahamut.zero

hi,
i'm here for asking help for guardian heroes.
i've downloaded a pal version of it, it's a BIN+CUE file that i think is been made with alcohol (but i'm not sure).
i've tried to use satourne but when the FMV start it give me an ereeo message and exit.
i've tried with SSF and it start but the background is not visualized,but i can see only the sprites.
with girigiri i've made a file toc putting the bin and cue in the girigiri directory
but not with the original cue,because that not worked, i've have burned the cd and made a cue file with clone cd, so now i have a .ccd,.img,.sub,.cue files too,in the base.ini i pointed to the bin and the toc file and have tried
regional code 1,2,4,5,and 12 but it don't work,it only start the bios and stand in the display when i can listen music, make me listen only one track of the game.
can someone help me, telling me how can i make work almost one emulator well, i thank you so much in advance,bye