What's new

SSF problems

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Whenever I start SSF, I get a pretty unrecognizable error message. By finding its entry in the Japanese error message file and finding the corresponding English error, I found that SSF is saying that a file is missing.

Does anyone have any idea what it could be missing? It didn't come with a readme so I have no idea where I should put the BIOS (in case it's looking for that) or what it should be called either.

I really want to try this since I have a nice, fast PC and it's supposed to play plenty of games.

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
The bios should be in the SSF root directory and be name "boot.rom".. YOu will also need to install Force ASPI if your running winxp.

OP
L

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Ah yes, that was what I was missing! Now all I need is to figure out how to load something... :unsure:

Jupiter

Just a Jupi.
it auto-loads from whatever the first CD drive is that it detects. it doesn't actually support loading from ISO, though can do it with Daemon Tools.

SSF still has no dynarec engine, so you'll still be playing at an incredibly slow speed on most games, but hey... it's still making progress.

OP
L

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Yeah, SSF is pretty slow, but maybe working on making the interpreter core faster and more accurate would be better than making a dynarec. Particularly as PCs are getting faster and faster.

flow``

flow``
if you check out the site, under the ssf help section, it has an FAQ on how to change those error messages to english and what the solutions are. pretty sure your's is covered there if you need more info :)