What's new

Spyware

yoy

Banned
Whole lot of Spyware Popup's Popping Up when visiting this site ... is the site owner(to my knowledge martin) getting paid for dat?
Its abit annoying when u come to visit the best site on the net about info and get 3 or 4 popups (spyware).
Maybe i shouldnt let little things escalate but dats a diffrent discussion...

Peace out!

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
you only get 2 popups per day....

and martin get money from that (you think it's free to host a service like this?)

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
The pop ups are not spyware, they are advertisements. If you are signed in when you visit emutalk you will not get them. I have ads blocked but I donate so its ok :D

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
I usually get one popup when I first open the site. That's about it.

And it's highly likely the pop-up ads contain spyware cookies, but i'm not sure.
EDIT: I in no way meant criticism when I said that the small amount of ads that pop up probably contain spyware cookies (nearly all pop-up ads do.) Spyware cookies aren't a big deal, really, even if not blocked/cleaned.

Last edited:

Martin

Administrator
It's advertising, not spyware. Cookies are written so it knows when it will popup the next time, that's the only purpose of the cookie.

Feel free to view your cookies you receive from adserver.emulation64.com if you're in doubt.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Well, Mozilla blocks popups, so I never see them, but I like the ads. Who wouldn't want 5% off an Adaptoid? :D

See, when the ads are for something your visitors care about, they work. :D

OP
Y

yoy

Banned
thanks for the reply

i see, i turned log on automaticly on off...
thanks for the lesson on cookies martin.