What's new

Settings for GiriGiri (naughty version)

MurrMurr

What are the best settings (to add to games.dat) for Resident Evil (PAL)?
Thanks!!

Oh, and PAL Nights seems a little slow (my machine is fast enough - 2.5ghz p4), is there any way to speed it up?

Antonio

Hey, could you please paste the PAL settings for the games.dat? I need them to run the game.

Thanks.

Antonio

I tried patching it so its the J or US/C version but nothing works.

It crashes right afther the black screen with blue letters that says "Sega enterprises blah blah blah Ltd"

Any ideas how to fix this?

PS: Im talking about Nights here

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
First, you need to find the game code for the PAL version of RE. Then look in the games.dat file for the 'biohazard(J)' entry. Copy that entry into a new entry but replace the 'biohazard' gamecode with your PAL Version of RE. Then mess with the vsync option and test the game.

Same thing can be done with Nights. Look for the Nights(US) entry or (J) entry already in the games.dat.

The game codes should be on the label of the CD. The Girigiri loader can also tell you the game codes of the cd or bin. ;)

Antonio

I used one of those region convertion tools and made it the US/C version. But I still get the crash right after the "Sega enterprises blah blah Ltd" black screen.

I also noticed a slight change in the height of the window after that screen and right before it crashes. I get no errors though.

Any ideas? I really want to get this working.

Thanks in advance.

OP
M

MurrMurr

Yes, I tried this, but I couldn't find any biohazard settings. I have the original games.dat (I can't get the new one, all the sites with it are barred, I only access the internet from work! :sp_canada ).

I did add it myself, and I got it mostly working, but the problem is that the characters show up through the walls. e.g. When there is a zombie hiding round the corner, you can see him.

Is this a known issue?

Thanks again! :cheers:

Antonio

I see no one has any ideas regarding my problem.

*sigh*

Murrmurr, i tried looking for the biohazard settings on various games.dat files but no luck. Sorry.

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
Here are my settings for RE(US). It's basically copied from the Biohazard(J) entry with the game code changed to the RE(US). Try messing with the vsync option if it's slow.

;Resident Evil(U)
[T-1221H]
PriorityMode=0
EdsrShift=1
VSync=30
MaxTexCnt=800
BankChck=1
CDWait=2
ADXStream=0
CharPtnChck =1
OneSectorWait=1
FrameWait =150
ScaleSpriteCheck = 1

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Has anyone got a comprehensive GAMES.dat that they could post or just a public link to an updated version particulary for pal games.

Or a step by step guide to editing!!!

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
Grant64 >> Use wordpad to open the games.dat file. Then edit it like any text document. The options are sorta explained on the top, but they dont' really help much. All you can do is experiment with the options.

SEVash

push start

In nights push start repedatly, and the game will start. Same thing happends to me. But after you complete a level the game freezes and I don't know how to fix that.