What's new

Gens too slow!

alexa999

Banned
I use Gens as my sega genesis emulator and I want to be able to emulate genesis at full speed and full screen. When I play at the default window size the speed is about 4x or 5x the normal speed but when I play at full screen it runs a little less than full speed but is choppy as heck. The choppiness is really annoying. So, does anyone know how I can get perfect graphic emulation with Gens?:ermm:

Clements

What are your settings? I suggest you turn on auto frame skip and turn off Perfect Sync. Try using 'Double' as a filter and using 22K sound.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Your computer does not meet the minimum requirements. I would say Try using the old emus like genecyst or kgen98, but you are running win2k, so screwed! :phone:

OP
alexa999

alexa999

Banned
Clements, with your suggestion it is still kind of choppy.

CpU Master, it appears that I have above the recommended system requirements. The pic below came from the Gens readme file. (I dont use the Sega-CD emulation.)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
No.. your system is too slow not Gens. try another emulator.

And believe me, my AMD 450mhz K6-2 Couldn't run gens that well, So running it with Minimum specs is not good.

Last edited:

Knuckles

Actually, Gens runs fine on slow PCs, I have an Compaq Armada 3500 with a 266MHz CPU and 160MB PC100 SDRAM, and it runs at full speed with everything at max ( even with my crappy 2MB 2D video card).But it slow down if I use the Kreed 2xSai in a window or in full screen, try to play in double screen windowed mode.Maybe the quality will not be the best but the emu will run fine.

Last edited:

gamerk2

Banned
try using the new kega release LE5. It works better then gens for me.
I'm not sure of the minimum requirents, but it runs faster on my comp.

Also, be sure perfect synchro is set to off.

Knuckles

But really, I don't know why gens is running slow, he have a better PC than my laptop and I can run games at full speed with it :S