What's new

convert save games

psymaster

Hi guys. New here. I wanted to ask if there is an utility that converts pj64 saved games to 1964 ones, as I just started using the latter and I don't want to lose my saved games.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I recommend you run 1964 with the game you wanna play... then rename the saved file which is made with PJ64 to the one you see generated from 1964. They should all be compatible.

OP
P

psymaster

thanks mate, I'll try that out. But I think I already have. Anyway, I'll tr it and see what happens.

Rice

Emulator Developer
Of course you can rename all the three save files. In fact, you only need to rename the one that PJ is using.

DK64

it does work, ive done it before...

just make sure u rename it exactly the way PJ64 names them, otherwise it wont load it

yogaman

Banned
I think psymaster wants to convert the saves the other way round PJ64 - 1964 ..... I got the same problem too, after renaming x.pj to x.sav 1964 says that it's a different format...

any clues?

OP
P

psymaster

Just done it with save files from corn (for mario 64). I just renamed them and they work. I can't see why it doesn't work with zelda though. Btw, mario is a lot better in 1964 than in corn.

OP
P

psymaster

Just bringing this thread up frm WAY back, to see if there are any ideas on the matter I mentioned. It's not such a big deal to play the game from the beginning, but I think the solution would be useful generally.

Here is the situation: pj64 has saved one 21kb .sra file, while 1964 saves 3 of them, with the .sra one being 32 kb.

Rice

Emulator Developer
Emulator state save files can not be used in another emu by simply renaming them.

N64 native game save files could be rename and reuse in other emus, at least among PJ64, 1964, Apollo and TR64.

For emulator state save file, 1964 has menu to import and export PJ64 state save files. To use it, you need to turn on the advanced user option in the preference. It is under the CPU menu.