What's new

Can't get UltraHLE 2064 1.0.4 properly

patsernr1

Hello,

First of all, i'm new in the emulation world so please don't blame if i'm discribing things not the right way.

Well, first I installed UltraHLE 2964 1.0.3. Then I overwrote some files that came with the 1.0.4 version. (Good???)

When i'm launching the .exe I get an error about the glide3x.dll. Then I downloaded the evoodoo 3.2XP and overwrote the glide2x.dll and installed the glide3x.dll in the rootmap of the program. When I launch the program now everything seems to be alright.

After downloading and installing almost every grafix driver, the Glide64 Version 0.41 seems to be the only one that works a little bit.

Still there are some black squares around the characters and trees in Mario Kart.

Also when I stop the emulation an error appears and the program is terminated.

Can anybody help me. I'm using an ATI Radeon 7000.
Are there any other driver that maybe work.

Thanks

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Download Glide64 3.1WIP to your plugins directory. Overwrite.
Change Glide64's Setting that's currently "Z-Buffer" to "W-Buffer" in the graphics plugin options.

Run the evoodoo exe that's in your main emu directory, and make sure "alternate Z-Buffer" is unticked.

Enjoy. I don't know if your card is anything like the dreaded Rage 128, but that's the best you can do with the Rage 128. Do NOT use any newer version of Glide past 3.1WIP with eVoodoo 3.25. If your card is like the Rage 128, eVoodoo 3.99 is too buggy.

McLeod

Download Glide64 3.1WIP to your plugins directory. Overwrite.
Change Glide64's Setting that's currently "Z-Buffer" to "W-Buffer" in the graphics plugin options.

Run the evoodoo exe that's in your main emu directory, and make sure "alternate Z-Buffer" is unticked.

Enjoy. I don't know if your card is anything like the dreaded Rage 128, but that's the best you can do with the Rage 128. Do NOT use any newer version of Glide past 3.1WIP with eVoodoo 3.25. If your card is like the Rage 128, eVoodoo 3.99 is too buggy

If you want use Glide64 without a 3dfx
Glide64 0.42 + eVoodoo 3.99 has better result

I recommend you put Z-Buffer in Glide64, and configure evoodoo enabling only texture filtering.

To configure evoodoo you must put evoodoo.cpl in system32 dir
and enter to control panel.

In 3.99 beta, dual tmu support is very buggy but with this disabled you shouldn't have any problem if you card support specular color, because all combiner are done using software.