What's new

A little help with games and plugins.

lilballer

Ok i just wanted to know if any one have gotten these games to work if so what plugin and emu??
Pokemon Puzzle League(Can''t see the blocks and other graphics)
Jet Force Gemini (Starts up. I can hear the game music but it's just a black screen and shuts off about 10 secs into the game)
Kirby 64 (Missing Graphics and Character Sprites)

I have both project 64 and 1964. I am using RiceDaedalus5.0.1.dll plugin. I tried to get the glide 3x to work but it's not can someone help me to get that to work?? I downloaded it and i put it into my plugin folder then when i go to change the plugin a error will come up saying glide3x.dll is missing or something like that. But i have glide 34.dll in my plugin folder. so i don't know whats wrong. I tried to delete it and install it again still don't work.

Thanks in adavnce for help!!

ra5555

N64 Newbie
Pokemon Puzzle League - you have to use gilde64 and evoodoo if you don't have a voodoo class card.

Jet Force Gemini - Jabo's D3D6 1.5 should work fine

I am not sure about Kirby though

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
The Glide3x error is what happens if you try to use Glide64 without a voodoo card. You need the Glide3x wrapper, eVoodoo (only one in existance.) You can download the latest beta (3.99) or latest final (3.25) in the eVoodoo forum on this site. Put the Glide3x.dll in your PJ64 root directory and the .cpl in /windows/system32.

Vehelits

nephalim said:
The Glide3x error is what happens if you try to use Glide64 without a voodoo card. You need the Glide3x wrapper, eVoodoo (only one in existance.) You can download the latest beta (3.99) or latest final (3.25) in the eVoodoo forum on this site. Put the Glide3x.dll in your PJ64 root directory and the .cpl in /windows/system32.

I have it set-up like you stated (except the .cpl which I have never seen before), but when I try to load Kirby 64, the problems start. It asks me to put it in fullscreen mode, so I do so. The problem is, though, I get an error message that reads "Cannot create ZBuffer," which I don't even have enabled (W-Buffer is supposed to work better with Kirby 64), followed by a message that says something about not being able to create the display mode. By the end of the error message assault, it darn thing doesn't even go into fullscreen mode. Please help.

Clements

In the eVoodoo 3.99 beta package are two important files: evoodoo.cpl and Glide3x.dll. I suggest you put both in the system directory of windows (as you are using Win98, correct me if I'm wrong) The evoodoo control panel icon should appear in your control panel and you can use evoodoo with any emulator that way. You should be alright after that.

Vehelits

Thank you Clements. Now that I got those dll and cpl files into my system folder, the eVoodoo 4.0 icon shows-up in my control panel and I can now enter fullscreen mode with no problem. There is still a problem that I'm trying to figure-out though. Upon entering fullscreen, I get the eVoodoo 3.2 logo and a blank, black screen with audio running. I tried it on both Super Mario 64 (PAL) and Kirby 64, and all I saw was the intro to Kirby 64. Any suggestions on what I hope is the final problem? Is there anything I have to do with the eVoodoo 4.0 icon? Thanks again.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Vehelits said:
Thank you Clements. Now that I got those dll and cpl files into my system folder, the eVoodoo 4.0 icon shows-up in my control panel and I can now enter fullscreen mode with no problem. There is still a problem that I'm trying to figure-out though. Upon entering fullscreen, I get the eVoodoo 3.2 logo and a blank, black screen with audio running. I tried it on both Super Mario 64 (PAL) and Kirby 64, and all I saw was the intro to Kirby 64. Any suggestions on what I hope is the final problem? Is there anything I have to do with the eVoodoo 4.0 icon? Thanks again.

I don't know what your problem is but eVoodoo 3.99 (not 4.0, which doesn't exist yet) still says 3.25 when you load it, FYI.

Do other games work or is it just Mario 64 and Kirby 64?

Between this and that "cannot create Z-Buffer" error I would suggest updating/reinstalling your GFX card drivers and directx.