What's new

harry potter chamber of secrets

Status
Not open for further replies.

kazooie

Does anybody know if this game is playable on any emulator?

I have tried epsxe, vgs, pseven. Same result on all, title screens work fine but then game locks up about 10 seconds into it.

I have read a couple of threads which describe the same problem, but have not yet heard of any success in running the game.

I have a fairly low-spec pc but, as I say, I'm thinking that this isn't the problem judging from other threads I have read.

Any help would be appreciated and would get my kids off my back.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
I don't have the game myself, but here is a link to FPSE's website and if you scroll down they are showing off some screenshots of this game from back in January. Looks like only title screens, but maybe it's playable. :shrug:

prafull

kazooie said:
Does anybody know if this game is playable on any emulator?

I have tried epsxe, vgs, pseven. Same result on all, title screens work fine but then game locks up about 10 seconds into it.

I have read a couple of threads which describe the same problem, but have not yet heard of any success in running the game.

There isnt a solution to play that game yet. The best option would be to use epsxe and select "no sound plugin". Also try toggling spu irq options.

Note: You can also try to change the country code from ntsc to pal and vice versa just before it hangs to see if that makes a difference.

Note 1: Those tricks work with first part of the game so may work again.:)

OP
kazooie

kazooie

Thankyou for your help lazertag, prafull.
Still no go with the game but no worries.

(If the game is anything like the first Harry Potter game then maybe it's for the best!)

Thanks anyway.

OP
kazooie

kazooie

Yes indeedy, for the psx.

Kind of interesting I guess, but I suppose a whole lot of people own playstations, so heaps of potential sales for the software producer (probebly more so than the PS2).

:bouncy: dude every one knows sspsx is the best emu for harry potter games but i dont have the chamber of secrets I kinda wanna get that some any body tell me the site thats not sneorama and dont say search the torrent sites cause i made no progress with that but yea if u already know how to insert the harry potter game then i recomment brining all the plugins from the expsx plugin foler and bios to the sspsx foler cause diffenitly sspsx can work with harry potter and the soccer's stone but your gonna have troubles saving it soo good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.