What's new

playstation emulation problem

Dark soldier

hi,
i recently put a fresh install of windows98 onto my pc along with formatting my harddrive.before i went ahead with doing this epsxe used to work fine,now it seems i am running into all sorts of problems and i cant get epsxe to run any games it just seems to crash and the screen stays black,ive also noticed that the cd rom dosnt respond or start up once i click on the game selected (using epsxecutor).
so i tried using psxeven and running a psx cd with it and recieved the following error messege:

Error querying cdrom driver,possible reasons:

1.Win95/98/ME: There is no suitable ASPI installation
2. Your system does not support either ASPI or IOCTL.

You will not be able to load this cdrom until this problem is fixed

so i thought if its the cd drive thats the problem i'll try and make an iso of the cd using blindwrite suite and load up the iso instead,but i get the same problem,screen goes black no response it seems to freeze.
just for the record the game i have been mainly using is FF9,i made an iso of the first cd and have tried it with both emulators, i have the patches for the game installed into the right directory for epsxe (although im not sure where they go in psxeven):plain:
and yesterday i downloaded the latest drivers from nvidia.
I have also tried using other games with epsxe but with the same black screen freezing,
can anybody please help me out,

euphoria

Emutalk Member
Could be because you don't have an ASPI layer. try to find ForceASPI from the net - it should fix the CD problem.
I don't know if this affects the black screen thing, but i have no other idea :(
Maybe you should try soft gfx plugin, if there's something wrong with your gpu...

OP
D

Dark soldier

thanks,that has helped a little,the cd rom drive is now active an reading the cd
altho i still get the black screen freezing,
it also got rid of the above error in psxeven but i got another error
stating that initialization failed?

OP
D

Dark soldier

managed to sort out the problem,...
downloaded the newest versions of petes plugins,this has sorted out the black frozen screen and the initialisation error.