What's new

Zelda Majora's Mask

TypeR

Hai,

I have a question about Zelda Majora's Mask

When Link get his ocarina back during the moon crash. Link remember the Song of Time. When I play with the real Nintento64 I can see a story where Zelda teach Link to play the Song of Time. But Using PJ64 1.2 I only get a white screen and using PJ64 1.3 I get a black screen.
When I play the game in windowed mode and I move the window with my mouse slowly, I can see the story a bit.
Playing the game in emulation (software) mode I can see the story but without colour.
Is this a known bug? I have search about this in the message board and the FAQS, but with no result. Is there is a way to solve this? This is the only bug I get with version 1.2 and 1.3.

System:
Windows98SE
256 MB SDRam
DirectX 8.0
Nivdia Geforce mx2 200 32MB (Deton. ver. 2183)
SB live (latest drivers)
Plugins: All Jacob plugins
Pentium4 1Gig.
Resoltion: 640x480
PJ64: no options has been changed.

MTC001

Don't know why you have these problems...

All two zelda games should work nearly perfect with pj64 1.3 [please praise the round, bright shining sun! ;)].

Maybe it's because of you 1ghz P4 :alien: ....

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
MTC001 could be right I myself have a P3 1Ghz and everything works fine hope this helps a little

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
I don`t think it has anything to do with the CPU, since what he describes sounds pretty much like a graphics card problem. Yet he has a GeForce... Uhmmm, check if you have "fog table emulation" enabled in your screen card properies, I had a similar problem with a PC game once. And play around with the options in the graphics plugin properties, there are all kind of blending options there, maybe enabling or disabling one of those will help.

OP
T

TypeR

Hai,

Sorry I made a mistake it is not a Pentium4 but a Pentium3

Well I have tried everything. Reinstall everything including windows. Tried every option and combination possible, Fog enable, blending, etc. I have also tried 1964 ver 0.70 and the same problem occurs. I think this is not a emulator problem but Jacob's D3D plugin problem or my Geforce2.
Everything goes OK in hardware and RGB emulation rendering untill I get to that point!
I have attached some screenshot. 1 before the bug, 2 black screen i mentioned and 3 moving the window in windowed mode of in RGB emultion mode.
In wireframe mode everything goes OK.
:pissed:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
you're talking about the black cutscene? yeah that's been on issues page for months, no its not fixed AFAIK Jabo seems to think he's doing it right or something.