What's new

Need some help with Zelda MM

juanmanuelsa

hi all !!! I want to know which is the best plugin for playing Zelda MM because It goes kind of slowwww the graphics are not regular as well the sound. I have directx 9 Please help me out !!!

OP
J

juanmanuelsa

ohh I forgot .. Im using Project64 v 1.5 SP1 if you recpomend me another emulator I will apreciate it

thansk a lot !!!

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
EDIT: Argh, I keep forgetting to look at people's profiles... you might want to try glNintendo64().

Last edited:
Maybe he has turned on something such as RGB-emulation or reference rasterizer. Select d3d hal or try Jabo's 1.40 (included in PJ64 1.4). On which part do you experience slowdowns, in the whole game or on a specefic part?

OP
J

juanmanuelsa

well the sound is very poor is not regular its like it plays by parts

the video might be because of a problem Im having now with this computer I will try to solve it ... but can you tell me a nice audio plugin oand a controller plug in because Im trying to use my microsoft freestyle but is not working properly !!!

thanks !!

Use Azimer's LLE audio 0.50 beta 2 or if it's too slow 0.30 <old driver>, and for input Nrage's 1.82a. You can download them both from the downloads-section.

Smiff said:
it shouldn't be slow on that system, try shutting down background apps...

Smiff is right, what is running it the background?

I once worked on a PC that was too slow for anything, all because of 2 Trojan virus.

You don't have any Trojan's, do you?

Knuckles

Are you running your games in full screen? AMDs have problems in windowed mode in 640X480 or more(crappy sound and slow video) . Also, Maybe try to turn off (if you putted it one) the AA and AS in the Jabo's D3D plugins setup and in the performance Tab in the nvidia control panel (Desktop properties->Settings-> advanced-> Geforce4 ti4200). And runs at a smaller resolution too if you are in 1024X768 or more.

Also, be sure to have latest detonator XP drivers for your nvidia card.

Last edited:

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Knuckles said:
AMDs have problems in windowed mode in 640X480 or more(crappy sound and slow video) .

Maybe if you have a crappy video card, but that is true of any processor. What the heck are you talking about?

Knuckles

I tested some video card/CPU combos. On my old celeron 433, in windowed mode, there where no probs at all with my TNT2 and w a GF3. Same on a P4 2.2GHz. I tested the same thing on 2 athlon XP 1800+ w 3 video card with the same plugin (TNT2, GF2MX, GF3 ti200) and there was the problem!

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Knuckles said:
I tested some video card/CPU combos. On my old celeron 433, in windowed mode, there where no probs at all with my TNT2 and w a GF3. Same on a P4 2.2GHz. I tested the same thing on 2 athlon XP 1800+ w 3 video card with the same plugin (TNT2, GF2MX, GF3 ti200) and there was the problem!

Sounds more like a motherboard problem to me.

Knuckles

well, maybe its only for lower video cards, its more noticable with the GF2MX and my TNT2 ( but less) than with the GF3. But anyway, I'm always playing in full screen.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
I have seen alot of "where can I get <insert game here> rom???????????????" posts gone unnoticed as of lately...

Well, that's just someone who didn't read the rules. He even didn't know how to spell "Majora".

However, I think the best emulator to run Majora's mask is Nemu. It's working at full speed and without ANY skips at my computer.

Yami-karyoku

I have the same problem i run the game in RBG mode and all the colors and sound are great, but it runs horribly. im using Jobos d3d 1.5.1. i try playin in Direct3d hal and colors are missing and the trees and ground are sometimes invisible. i tried using Nemu... made things worse.

Video:Via tech VT8361/VT8601 Graphics Controller
Audio:Avance AC97 Audio
Ram:376
Processor: AMD Athlon, 1.00 Ghz

Thats my comp, can anyone help?

Last edited: