What's new

SNES Controller PC Adapter

Zoomer

In an attempt to find information on how these can be built or found, I have started this thread to get some action, SNES style. I must find/build a Super Nintendo controller adapter for the PC!!

So, any ideas?!!

Slougi

See the attached file for info from the Linux driver documentation. Quite easy :) I don't know about windows drivers though!

OK, you want too buy or build one.
I once had a link on how to build one, but I lost it (I'll look for it on google).
Or you can also look for one on eBay (but there are non on eBay at the moment, but don't give up hope on finding it on eBay, I didn't give up, and I found one, and later found five more).
I also found a store online, but not in the US (but I didn't like how it was built).
And for drivers, since mostly all are LPT based.

SNESKey for DOS, Windows 3.1, and 95
DirectPad Pro for Windows 9X with DirectX
NT Pad XP for Windows 2000 and XP

Edit: I can't find the site on google:cry: , but I did download the page, but, it was on my old PC (486) and I formatted the drive, but, it may be on my other PC (PIII), right now I not on my PIII so I can't look for it (right now I'm on my old 75Mhz Pentium notebook). so just hope it's there:saint:

Last edited:

Flash

Technomage
Zoomer said:
In an attempt to find information on how these can be built or found, I have started this thread to get some action, SNES style. I must find/build a Super Nintendo controller adapter for the PC!!

So, any ideas?!!

If you have plans to use DOS version of ZSNES you going the right way as it have native SNES pad support. If it will be Windows version it's better to use PSX DualShock pad as it have additional buttons, analog controllers, more useful for PSX and N64 emulation and PC games.

SNES pad adapter is extremely easy to build.
You can use almost any diode here (1N4148 is the best because it's size)

Re: Re: SNES Controller PC Adapter

Flash said:

If you have plans to use DOS version of ZSNES you going the right way as it have native SNES pad support. If it will be Windows version it's better to use PSX DualShock pad as it have additional buttons, analog controllers, more useful for PSX and N64 emulation and PC games.

SNES pad adapter is extremely easy to build.
You can use almost any diode here (1N4148 is the best because it's size)

Mine works in the windows ver of ZSNES just fine, and it also works with all my PC's, and your attached image also comes with SNESKey for DOS, and a PSX pad for SNES EMU's? Lol, thats just like playing NES with my Logitech WingmanRumble Pad.

Edit: I lost the web page file

Last edited:

Flash

Technomage
Re: Re: Re: SNES Controller PC Adapter

URAMetroid said:
and a PSX pad for SNES EMU's? Lol, thats just like playing NES with my Logitech WingmanRumble Pad.

PSX pad have button layout absolutely identical to SNES pad, it have only two additional shift buttons which can be used as turbo buttons. Only thing i really don't like is this gay button naming (square, triangle, circle, cross instead of easy to write a,b... ) and both PSX and SNES pads
is really sucks with 6 button (Capcom style) fighting games - saturn
pad is muuuuuch better.

OP
Zoomer

Zoomer

Allrighty, goodie, sweet, yes indeed this was the action I was looking for.
AND saying as the goal of this thread is to actually connect an official SNES pad to the PC - let's shaaaatup about the replacements- because in fact NOTHING can be better than using an official SNES pad to play Super Eagleded SNES on your PC.

Thank-you Flash for your diagram. Now for a moment Flash, pretend you are the author of "SNES PC Adapting For Dummies" and explain to us every step necessary for the construction of this parallel port adapter. AND what steps we need to take to avoid destroying the computer and SNES pad, before we start jamming wires through holes here.

ANNND- one more thing, parallel ports are all fine and dandy, but how about we enter the year 1995 for a second and smell fresh USB in the air!! Yes USB.... it's beautiful!!

Flash

Technomage
Zoomer said:

ANNND- one more thing, parallel ports are all fine and dandy, but how about we enter the year 1995 for a second and smell fresh USB in the air!! Yes USB.... it's beautiful!!

USB ? Beatiful ? No way. It sucks, just compare it with FireWire and you will see :)

Anyway both are serial buses, so you will need additional programing (there's no drivers for hypothetic console pad to USB adapter) and additional $15 chip + not so easy to find connector (ok, scissors + any USB cable).

So LPT is better in this case (console pad, newbie gazing on strange looking thing called "soldering iron" :))

If you want USB pad just buy it or adaptoid (almost same price as your home-made USB adapter and no need for driver programming, but it's for N64 pad only (i've seen also PSX USB adapter)

Ratore

The Crazy Internaut
Zoomer said:
Thank-you Flash for your diagram. Now for a moment Flash, pretend you are the author of "SNES PC Adapting For Dummies" and explain to us every step necessary for the construction of this parallel port adapter. AND what steps we need to take to avoid destroying the computer and SNES pad, before we start jamming wires through holes here.
Ok, i've already tried it, it works... :D
Emulatronia: How to connect your snes pad to PC
Just one problem, it is in Spanish.. So, if u can't read spanish will be a little harder.. :(
But u can try.. :)

Lutomes

Grand High Emperor
I built a snes pad adaptor a year or so back. I even managed to get a female snes plug. So i didnt even have to cut up a controller. My only problem now is that I cant get direct pad pro to work under winXP. Somone above mentioned NTpad XP so I'm looking for that now. Hopefully i will find a copy...

Lutomes said:
I built a snes pad adaptor a year or so back. I even managed to get a female snes plug. So i didnt even have to cut up a controller. My only problem now is that I cant get direct pad pro to work under winXP. Somone above mentioned NTpad XP so I'm looking for that now. Hopefully i will find a copy...

Zophar's Domain has NTPAD XP for download ;)

http://www.zophar.net/joy.html

Lutomes

Grand High Emperor
Thanks URAmetroid. I got the controller working perfectly now. I'm just so happy, its everything I wanted.

Its also been so long since i was in this forum, I'm sure I had 100+ posts about 6 months ago when I left. Oh well, I might update my profile, sig and avatar later on and live here for a while.