What's new

Glide64 0.42 reports thread

Raziel64

Glide64 beta tester
Hi...

The new glide64 4.2 finally was released...

Please, post your comments, bugs reports , suggestions and/or ideas here...

Thx.

Last edited:

Legend

Still has the text bug for NFL Blitz (at least with SE) that was'nt in previous versions.

Last edited:

Legend

I also have a solution to get Brunswick Pro Bowling working alot better. With "clear buffer" ON, you simply need to hold down C left or C right (which adjust the curve) to keep the ball direction screen up. It's really not a pain at all. Now you can play the game like it was meant to be played, with us being able to see the text. Doing this is far better than unchecking the buffer and using ver. 0.2. Hopefully the compatabilty list and ini might reflect this.

And the ini should also have Blast Corps set to Hybrid swap method for everyone else out there who wants the game to play better.

fearpi

Excellent update. this is now my preferred plugin for zelda OoT, over Jabo's. :)

a few bugs in Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time (E) (V1.0):
(Note that i am using eVoodoo 3.99 beta)

There seems to be a problem with moving sprites in the hud. For example, half/quarter heart in the upper left that gets larger and smaller is completely not visible. same with the arrows in the lower right map that should indicate the player's position and from where he entered the map. when selecting a c-button item in the pause screen, the item should be shown moving up to the c-button icons in the upper left, but it isn't. also, the four-triangled reticule that appears around an enemy when z-targetting is invisible.

i see that the combiner for torch flames is now implemented, but for some reason they don't animate like they should; i only see one constant frame.

the sky still doesn't fade like it should from day to dusk to night, and the hyrule field grass texture is still way too big... or perhaps in the real n64 there is a smaller texture drawn over this large one, that isn't being emulated. :/

one last thing... i can't remember what it's called, but when the game is paused, there should be a screenshot as the background for the pause screen. instead, the background shows up as the last 2-d environment that the player was in.

wow... this looks like a long list, but it's all just minor stuff. great job on the new version.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Unfortunately, with my video card, eVoodoo 3.99 has introduced too many bugs to be viable vs. the Glide 3.1/eVoodoo 3.25 combo. I already posted a whole bunch of MM bugs in the eVoodoo forum.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
No animated flames: eVoodoo "not implemted" function.
Hearts: eVoodoo (don't you think it would've been noticed on voodoos otherwise? :p)
Z-Target: same here!