What's new

Decent settings for Mario Golf

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
I am a huge Mario fan from way back. I must have spent a couple grand playing DK, Mario Bros. and all the others that have come since at the arcade over the years as a kid.

I am also a huge golf nut, love the game. Mario Golf is by far my favorite game on N64. I been messing around and found some pretty decent settings that take that slowness away without totally killing how the games graphic look (at least IMO).

I used PJ64, Jabo's D3D6 1.5.1, Jabo's Dsound 1.5, and Nrage's 1.82a (I was gonna use Jabo's controller plugin but all that monopolizing reminds me of Bill Gates too much :) lol )

Run Mario Golf, then select Option > Configure Graphics Plugin. Click the "Advance" tab and click "Low Res Updates" (yeah it makes the graphics a little more ick, but it gives a good speed boost for the other setting I did). Then click the "ROM Settings" tab and turn on "Self Rendered Textures". This takes care of most if not all of the "smearing" issue with graphics (sometimes I had to move just for a sec to kinda clear the screen), but causes the slow down I mentioned before.

Anyway with this setup I get a solid 60 vi's except when putting or driving, but even then it only slips down to about 48 vi's at most for me.

Hope this info helps someone and also hope I am not reposting something. I searched before posting and found nothing about it.

Last edited:

SwordKirby

I love MArio MARIO MARIO MARIO MARIO MARIO! but I like Kirby also but Mario is better and about the mario golf. everything is all blurry and i can't see it well.

Last edited:

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
I checked them, they worked great for me, just with the smearing you said it, just move a little bit so it refreshes it. Also, to get FULL SPEED everywhere, just det your priority to High in the Task Manager on your computer, that takes care of the lag when hitting.

Old gil

but wont that like mess up your comp? and also i got PJ64 v 1.5 but jabo's plugins are all 1.0.0.1 do i gota redl PJ64 or somethin?

Last edited:

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
IMO, glN64 is the best plugin for this game (with frame buffer option on). No slowdown during gamepaly, no low-res backgrounds.

gandalf

Member ready to help
Yep,the quality and the speed are excelent with GLN64.Try 1080 Snowboarding,when the game show you a replay in an little window. The speed with Jabo GFX (with frame buffer emulation on) is SLOW,with GLN64,the speed is so great!