What's new

Glide64 and Zelda OoT

fearpi

i'm using glide64 0.41 and eVoodoo 3.25 (because 3.99 doesn't run well at all on my machine).

First, there seem to be combiner errors all over the place, especially in torches and other fire. they're red, and i have Combine as red turned in Glide64 off. is there any other way to try to fix this?

I posted a while back about textures on the ground partially disappearing and was told to use W-buffer mode and turn off alternate Z-buffer. this really didn't fix the problem. any way to fix this as well?

The sky textures change instananeously over the passage of time, rather than gradually. i.e., at about 18:00 in game, the sky texture changes from day to evening.

Also, moon sprite is plain yellow. not textured at all. Other sprites seem to have the same effect, like text in the hud having its black silouhette, but don't have the white in it. same with the hearts, they have a dark red silouhette but are not textured.

last, the moon and stars emblem on the light shield doesn't appear.

any ideas? :plain:

Clements

Glide64 simply is not as advanced at emulating Ocarina of Time as some other plugins. Simple as that. Jabo's is the most advanced at OoT as it has a working frame buffer and the mysterious 'emulate clear' option which no other plugin has, which fixes massive amounts of bugs in OoT. (Like the fire you are describing)

Any texture problems you get might be because of eVoodoo 3.25. The 3.99 version displays more stuff.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
You are wronmg, Clements. Most of these are fixed in newest versions of Glide64. It's the old wrapper, 3.25 that is the cause of this.

Clements

Well not in Version 0.41! There are still major problems. But we all know that Gonetz will fix these issues in future releases as he has beaten Jabo's plugin in a large selection of games, one of the exceptions is OoT. Even using eVoodoo 3.99 I get horrendous problems in Hyrule Field.

Federelli

Beta Tester
wtf? in glide64, on a true voodoo card, there's no bugs, but the lack of lens flare and frame buffer effects.
that image looks like utter crap

Clements

That's what it looks like for me. It's undoubtable that Glide64 is the best plugin for Voodoo cards, but for GeForce users the Glide64 0.41 + eVoodoo 3.99 gives errors like this for OoT. These problems will obviously be ironed out in future releases. Personally, I use glNintendo64() for Zelda and it works fine.

Edit: Just saw your pic, and it looks flawless. The problems I'm getting are certain to caused by the eVoodoo.

Last edited:

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
#1) Do NOT use Glide64 4.1 with eVoodoo 3.25! It barely works! Use 3.1(WIP) with eVoodoo 3.25 if you can't use 3.99 for some unknown reason.
#2) Change the buffer mode from "Z-Buffer" to "W-Buffer" in the Glide64 settings.
#3) Turn off "alternate Z-Buffer" in the eVoodoo settings
#4) Enjoy nearly flawless OoT emulation on even the lowest video cards.

Turning alternate Z-Buffer off screws up the paths, but if you turn it on, while the paths will fix, many other things will break. It's one of the only GFX bugs in OoT with this setup you'll have to deal with. Sorry. You could turn it on as needed if it REALLY bothers you, but if you leave it on trust me you WILL regret it. Note that W-Buffer is a pre-requisite for all of this.

Majora's Mask works very much the same, but the lens of truth is broken pretty bad.