What's new

PJ64 Problem

ArcTracer

Having some trouble with PJ64 1.5. It was working fine, I turned off the computer and when I turned it back on it wasn't starting up. It gives me that send error report message in XP Pro. The error signature is as follows: AppName: project64.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: jabo_direct3d6.dll ModVer 1.0.0.1 Offset: 000014ac if that helps. I tried to uninstall and do the registry stuff but after reinstalling it still gives me the same message. I changed absolutely nothing between when it was working and when it stopped. Any ideas?

Clements

Completely uninstall PJ (including registry) Then, once installed, remove Jabo's D3D6 1.5 from your plugin folder and replace with Jabo's D3D7 1.40. (Comes with PJ64 1.4) This worked for me, as I had your exact problem.
(You can no longer use Jabo's D3D6 1.5 with any emulator)
Until someone who knows what the root of this is, it won't be fixed.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
ArcTracer said:
Having some trouble with PJ64 1.5. It was working fine, I turned off the computer and when I turned it back on it wasn't starting up. It gives me that send error report message in XP Pro. The error signature is as follows: AppName: project64.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: jabo_direct3d6.dll ModVer 1.0.0.1 Offset: 000014ac if that helps. I tried to uninstall and do the registry stuff but after reinstalling it still gives me the same message. I changed absolutely nothing between when it was working and when it stopped. Any ideas?

If you had System Restore enabled, try restoring to a point before it stopped working.

I have never had this issue, but it sounds like that should work. If it doesn't work I would wonder if this may be hardware related somehow (BIOS, video card, motherboard, chipset, something .... )

Smiff

Emutalk Member
I would really like to know waht the problem was too. if you have any ideas what changed since that restore point in your system, such as drivers or windows update patches, please let me know.

OP
A

ArcTracer

I didn't restore to an old state, the problem was fixed by using Jabo's D3D 1.40. I had not backed up recently so I couldn't have restored even if I wanted to. My guess is Jabo's 1.5 has some conflict with my system, I'm no expert though so I have no idea.