What's new

Running games from CD on Girigiri in Winxp. ;)

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
1. go to your settings control panel add/remove programs menu.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the menu. You should see some japanese text with "XP" in it. Uninstall it.
3. Use the girigiri loader found here: http://ggloader.emulation64.com/
4. Choose the game region, your cd drive, and click on run cd.

I'm now running all my original and backup saturn games off of the CD in winxp. Hurray. Now I can free up about 20 gigs of Saturn bins. :blush:

Last edited:

leocabron

Metal´up your Ass!!!!!!!
I don´t have japanesse text in the add/remove programs menu............

and the giri shows a error message that says "Faild Read TOC"

Can someone help me???????

flow``

flow``
not sure what you're talking about ff8.. :)

the only thing ggloader does is set your cd-rom in the ini

its all about having an ASPI layer installed (i use nero's)

OP
fivefeet8

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
flow`` said:
not sure what you're talking about ff8.. :)

the only thing ggloader does is set your cd-rom in the ini

its all about having an ASPI layer installed (i use nero's)

I know that's what gloader does, but the japanese winxp fix is messing with the cd rom support in winxp somehow. Uninstalling it allows cd's to work in Winxp. I do have nero installed with aspi layers. It still didn't work until I did that.

I got the info from the sega fans at segaxtreme.com messageboards. ;) Hmm.. NOw that I think about it, I don't know what installed that winxp fix. I've been trying to reinstall that winxp fix, but neither girigiri nor the gavionne frontend installs it. Weird.

Last edited:

Jupiter

Just a Jupi.
holy shiite, it actually works. the speed seems to be suffering now though... i guess some tweaking is in order. but hey, i can free up a few gigs in ISOs that i've ripped now, which is always a good thing.

OP
fivefeet8

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
I'd also like to add that running Nights from the cd messes up the ingame music. Running from an iso doesn't though. The music is damn near perfect when running from a bin file. Maybe I'll keep it there. ;)

Jupiter

Just a Jupi.
yeah, i noticed that too =\
i usually play without the sound anyways... no digital audio cable, so i don't get CD audio on 99% of any program that reads audio from a CD. in fact, i believe Windows Media Player is the only program that doesn't just give me silence.

MurrMurr

It worked, thanks!

BTW, if you don't have the japanese font installed, it will be just a bunch of blocks at the bottom of the add/remove list.

johnny_g0

contoller problem

man, just my luck. The emulator plays the video and every thing. but, the keyboard wont work!!! I will push the enter key for the start button but, nothing happens. Whats wrong with my emulator!!!

never mind i fixed the problem. The only problem is it's very slow. Anybody know how to speed it up.

Last edited:

Jupiter

Just a Jupi.
looking at your computer's specs... if it's slow on your system, something is very much wrong. what games have you tried?

johnny_g0

re

lol. that is the computer im building. the computer i have right now is a ati video card rage 128, 256 ram, soundblaster and pentium 733mhz

2fast4u

Re: re

johnny_g0 said:
lol. that is the computer im building. the computer i have right now is a ati video card rage 128, 256 ram, soundblaster and pentium 733mhz

i guess you have surrounded your problem ;)