What's new

Pop-ups turning to the dark side.

Martin

Administrator
They're not new. :)

Umm...yeah, sometimes they spawn other popups, but I don't agree with you that they're hard to close down. Sorry about that thought.

Please understand that they help to pay for the expensive server (I hope, I haven't received a check yet) and they're therefore needed. However, we'll stop using these popups eventually, so don't worry. :)

deekay2

Nah they're fine. If u want ugly popups just check IGN. Nasty buggers hide in taskbar and then launch at your face covering u in nasty crap. :(

Martin

Administrator
Cheers, thanks for that. It makes me feel a lot better. :)

The good thing about our popup system is that it only pops up once across the network, so that if you first visit www.emulation64.com, you won't get a popup at www.emutalk.net or any other site in the network. So altogether, you'll only see very few popups. :)

Thanks again guys, I appreciate that you don't feel like we're cluttering you with advertising. :)

blizz

the ones I hate the most are the ones which appear above the text you want to read

or where you click on a link at IGN and then get a page with an ad on it and a link to the article.

Slougi

IGN sucks ass nowadays. I mean look at it:
1. The site is full of ads.
2. The site is full of pop-ups.
3. The news are similar to the ones on zophar's domain; At least a few weeks old.
4. They even want to be paid for this crap! (IGNInsider or whatever it's called)

I prefer free sites. They are ip-to-date and free ;)

Oh and Martin: The pop-ups are fully acceptable :) You could even increase them to appear at an interval of 3 hours if you want. It wouldn't bother me one bit :)

Last edited:

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Slougi said:
3. The news are similar to the ones on zophar's domain; At least a few weeks old.

im sorry but their news is far from each other. videogame industry news vs emu news. they rarely overlap each other.any other example of similarities is fine (ie gamespot)

Slougi

pj64er said:

im sorry but their news is far from each other. videogame industry news vs emu news. they rarely overlap each other.any other example of similarities is fine (ie gamespot)
Umm you didn't get the point :p
I'm saying they both have out of date news ;)