What's new

Perfect dark too fast

Chikitopi

Perfect Dark is great (except in multyplayer) in 1964 but it is too damn fast. Anyway to slow it down a little?

blank

If you load a game you should go "game settings". There you can find something called "max VI limit", this is the speed limiter. Default is auto sync, but you can also select 50fps for PAL games and 60 fps for NTSC. I don't know how it works with perfect dark, but I think it should run ok.

jc34

Rice said:
Use CF=1 or CF=3 for PD.

Had the same problem before and found that setting to CF=1
made things slow down alot to the right speed for me.

Last edited:

ssornad

yah-- I had the same problem- but by chaning it to CF=1 all is good-- Have you guys tried using N-Rages input plugin? I set mine up so i can use mouse/keyboard with PD-- just a real FPS! its really cool - if u want the config file i made let me know- but i think one could figure out how to get it to work.

RJA

The PC Wiz
Eliminator,

CFs are not exactly the same as PJ64 1.4. In 1964 some CFs can make certain parts of the game too fast even when some slower things look just fine. The incorrect CFs in 1964 often results in
incorrect timer speed in games (the seconds timers go too fast
for example, instead of 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1, it would be 10987654321), so make sure the seconds are not going "too fast" .;) In PJ64, even when changing the CFs to any setting, at least it usually doesn't muck up the timers in games.

Last edited: