What's new

Solving the user.exe error

Chikitopi

I don't know if this has been answered before but I didn't find it anywhere so:

If u have that anoying user.exe error when you press a key, what you have to do is:

1. Go to regedit
2. Erase HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\1964emu_070
3. Restart the computer
4. Play 1964 (the best emu ever) ;)

OP
C

Chikitopi

Are you kidding? 1964 runs all the games PJ runs but faster.

Stand by me, 1964 rulez big time.

Dark Anomaly

Its all in the graphic richness :) 1964 is good but doesnt look as good as PJ64 so is why its faster and probably has some speed hacks etc.. whereas PJ64 aims to look and play great so needs fast system. I like both emus and play each one cos some games work on 1 but not the other

Rice

Emulator Developer
1964 is good but doesnt look as good as PJ64 so is why its faster and probably has some speed hacks etc

Err. If you are using the same Jabo D3D plugin, graphics is the same in PJ and 1964 because all graphics is done in Jabo's wonderful plugin.

1964 is not using speed hacks, its CPU core is just faster than PJ64. (CPU core speed should be compare without audio and graphics, but it is not easy to do it without graphics. if someone like, can compare speed by using dummy audio and turning off audio sync)

Audio in PJ should be better in some games which are using MP3 compression, but should be almost the same in most games because Azimer's audio plugins are the best.

Last edited:

adi

get out of my house
hey chikitopi, I followed all your instructions and am still getting that user.exe error message. I think its a deeper problem than simply registry keys

Rice

Emulator Developer
theacj.

This is a bug, has been solved. You can read about it in one of the sticky thread.