What's new

blight's input plugin v0.0.7 (mouse support!)

blight

blight's input plugin v0.0.7-b (config dialog fixed, mouse support!)

Hi!
Today i added mouse support to my input plugin... i hope it works as expected by people.
If you have any ideas how to make the movement more smooth lemme know (look at the source to find out how it's done at the moment if you're interested)

Edit:
Maybe this fixes some of the problems people have with the config dialog...
I need an accurate description of what the user did when i.e. some dialog flashes... maybe a statically linked version of the plugin would be good...

0.0.7-b:
- sdl config dialog: input event queue is flushed before a
button/whatever is assigned

Download: http://deltaanime.ath.cx/~blight/n64/blight_input_plugin/blight_input-0.0.7-b.so (791k)

0.0.7: mouse support!
- mouse support (x and y axis automatically mapped to analog stick,
mouse buttons mapable onto n64 buttons)

Download:
Binary: http://deltaanime.ath.cx/~blight/n64/blight_input_plugin/blight_input-0.0.7.so (791k)
Source: http://deltaanime.ath.cx/~blight/n64/blight_input_plugin/blight_input-0.0.7.tgz (1.2M)

-- blight

Edit: Would be nice if anybody told me if it actually works for him and how he likes the "feeling" of using the mouse... no feedback demotivates me...

Last edited:

killthegene

One Kool dude
brilliant release!

you being the only guy porting plugins to linux do you have any plans to port the opengl portion of rice's plugin as the source has been released?

OP
blight

blight

killthegene said:
brilliant release!

you being the only guy porting plugins to linux do you have any plans to port the opengl portion of rice's plugin as the source has been released?
hack also ports plugins!
rice's daedalus is bigger than other plugins dunno if i'm gonna port it..

alexa999

Banned
Why did you put the source and the binary? Where is the acutal plugin .dll?:ermm:

Edit: Oops, is if for linux, then never mind.:blush:

Last edited:
OP
blight

blight

alexa999 said:
Why did you put the source and the binary? Where is the acutal plugin .dll?:ermm:

Edit: Oops, is if for linux, then never mind.:blush:
Well.... source is portable you know ;)
One would have to compile it for windows

noctrun

noctrunal internet surfing guy
nice one blight, great plugin

are you going to port the opengl part of rice's plugin?

OP
blight

blight

noctrun said:
blah blah blah blah blah

are you going to port the opengl part of rice's plugin?

err... did you look above? the first reply? the question was already asked and it's only 1 screen above :angry:

Martin

Administrator
Nice one blight :)

Would it be possible to compress the source a bit better so it would stay below 1 MB? 1 MB is the maximum size for attachments and we want to add the source to the downloads database. Cheers.

OP
blight

blight

Martin said:
Nice one blight :)

Would it be possible to compress the source a bit better so it would stay below 1 MB? 1 MB is the maximum size for attachments and we want to add the source to the downloads database. Cheers.

Here we gooooooooooooooooooooo ;-)

oiper

feedback for thought

Hmmm. I can't get the feel of it for OOT or the like. The idea is great though. It seems to make smaller movements better than my game controller can. Which would be great if I could use the mouse in conjunction with the game pad. Those shooting galleries are really hard when the slightest movement on the game pad sends you spinning backwards! (I'm exaggerating a little). So all in all, if both could be used together......:saint: ..... Anyways good work. One problem I've had with the input config - after I click to set a button/axis, any others I click to set all get the last setting. The popup box just flashes for half a sec. I've taken to just editing the config file by hand which isn't too hard, but I thought I'd mention it incase it's not just me that happens to. Anywho, love the plugin! :linux: :nemu:

OP
blight

blight

oiper:
Look above at my first post in this thread (the "main" post :))
Maybe it helps...
Thanks for the feedback!

btw: Secret of Mana is nice ;) Never killed the Mana Dragon tho...

oiper

and it was good

thanks blight, 0.0.7-b's config works perfectly! :holiday: Very nice. :holiday: The thing I mentioned about the mouse wasn't very clear, and forgive me if I'm not making sense - I've been number cruching all day :geek: . Anyways, I just meant that mouse movement could be of great use if the analog stick worked with it at the same time. Ex: When a game requires small, precise movements for a temporary interface, (like OOT's Shooting Galleries), one could just let go of the analog stick for a sec and use the mouse. So in other words, and different example, dragging the mouse left and holding the analog stick forward, the character would go forward and left. That might be an over simplification, but me brain hurty too much to thank write. Thanks for the config fix again! It good. :satisfied :linux:

Secret o' Mana = very good. Ending = sad. That game owned me for months. I still play it every now and then. The Mana Beast turns out to be Flammie though and you gotta kill him. :cry: But still a wonderful game.:satisfied

Last edited:
OP
blight

blight

oiper: the problem with the thing you said, using mouse and some other device at the same time to control the N64 analog stick, is that if you move your mouse left you will also move it up/down 1 or 2 pixels.... this "overwrites" the previous state of the analog axis (which may have been read from the keyboard or some joystick/gamepad)

i would have to combine all axis control events into one value so if you i.e. move your joystick up and your mouse down fast enogh the value is 0... maybe then it works as expected but it may also give unexpected results in some situations... at the moment it's like priorities - the joystick/gamepad is read first, then the keyboard and finally the mouse, all overwriting previous values if their value ain't 0

ryann

oooo

mouse support, smooth! would be cool to play doom64 with keyboard and mouse ;) ...or any other n64 shooter for that matter. imo i would think it would be possible...make mouse to x and y axis, (for turning and looking up and down) then w forward s back a strafe left and d strafe right and so on. keep up the good work blight!

- ryan

OP
blight

blight

Re: oooo

ryann said:
mouse support, smooth! would be cool to play doom64 with keyboard and mouse ;) ...or any other n64 shooter for that matter. imo i would think it would be possible...make mouse to x and y axis, (for turning and looking up and down) then w forward s back a strafe left and d strafe right and so on. keep up the good work blight!

- ryan

you can use your mouse, gamepad and keyboard at the same time if you want to!
assume you want to use the mouse to look around (analog stick) and the keyboard to walk (dpad) - assign the up/down/left/right cursor keys to the dpad, enable the mouse - done ;-)