What's new

ogre battle plugin development

gamerk2

Banned
For those of you who don't yet know (check the plugin thread) i've been trying to develop a plugin that fixes ALL known issues in ogre battle 64. It's being developed by me and some of my friends (we're geeks).

They refuse to allow others to "steal" our work, so no open source yet. But right now, the plugin works around the same level as an older version of Rice's dedellus plugin (a very old one).

If any major developments are made, we will either:
a) public release
b) open source

Neither are likly, however for many a month (year?).

If ogre battle 64 works before then, you will probably never hear of this plugin again.

P.S.

If anyone has ideas on how to optimize speed, that would be much appriciated. (we want 60 fps on EVERY game (touchy, aren't we?))

Trotterwatch

Anyone smell bullshit?

If ogre battle 64 works before then, you will probably never hear of this plugin again.

That sounds about right, we'll wait until someone else does it for us, then we can just pull the plug on this whole bullshit project ;)

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
gamerk2 said:
If anyone has ideas on how to optimize speed, that would be much appriciated. (we want 60 fps on EVERY game (touchy, aren't we?))

There's a catch.

What's your target video card and CPU? Because below a given "minimum spec" you will always have some kind of slowdown.

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Well, ive found that if you set the priority for the program on High or Above Normal, it increases speed like 40 FPS. Its crazy. But, system thiungs might go down, but its nothing serious.

Good luck with the plugin!

Smiff

Emutalk Member
no comment on this, aside from it being IN THE WRONG FRICKIN FORUM

/moved from pj64

Rice

Emulator Developer
Is it a fake one? Can you tell a little bit about what you have done by yourselves so far?

OP
G

gamerk2

Banned
As far as development, we're aiming for full speed for a pentium 3 with 128 mb ram. We use diffrent graphics cards, so we're experimenting how to output. We will support Direct X 9.

Right now, the plugin has both an open Gl and direct x option for graphics output.

Speed for most games is currently around 30 fps for most games.

We've only been working for a short time, but progress is coming along.

Remember, even if only Ogre Battle works, i'll be happy.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It sounds nice. If you get any progress, feel free to post a little screenshót of your progress. If you fix something (anything!) unsolved by others (like the ogre battle one), then you'll be heroes ;)

This sounds nice. You said you're aiming for full speed on a P3 with 128 mb ram, but what kind of P3? A 450 mhz or a 1,2 ghz (or something between that)?

Cyberman

Kind of a weird post no details and vague.

Let's hope someone gets Ogre64 working well soon ;)

Cyb

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
gamerk2 said:
As far as development, we're aiming for full speed for a pentium 3 with 128 mb ram. We use diffrent graphics cards, so we're experimenting how to output. We will support Direct X 9.

Right now, the plugin has both an open Gl and direct x option for graphics output.

Speed for most games is currently around 30 fps for most games.

We've only been working for a short time, but progress is coming along.

Remember, even if only Ogre Battle works, i'll be happy.

If you're going to use Direct3D 9, please work on doing some form of framebuffer emulation in a pixel shader. It should work great.

Or, failing that, at least implement full framebuffer for us lucky R300 owners =)