What's new

New Graphic Card

decription

In honor of my new graphic card a large upgrade from my old rage 128 16 MB I'll show it off even though it isn't much!

Knuckles

mmmmmhhhh, tou made a mistake in your video card name :p

there's isn't any GF4 MX 4200 :p

it should be instead:

a GF4 TI 4200

or

a GF4 MX 420

Just correct it because there's a huge difference between the 2 cards. MX are crap and TI are the best.

Trotterwatch

The MX does the job it needs to do, as long as you are content to not play games at MAX settings and at resolutions above 1024x768 then by and large the MX will handle it perfectly.

For N64 emulation it is perfect - well at least until/when/if pixel shader support is ever added.

Glad you like the new card anyway Decription, I remember upgrading my GFs old computer from an ATI Rage 128 to an old GF2mx of mine. The difference was amazing - she was so happy she could play Mario64 perfectly using corn (before there were various graphical defects, ie non transparent water).

OP
decription

decription

Thanks trotta, at least someone isn't snooby about cards. It ironic, i actually also updated from a Rage 128. Amazing the difference, besides its a steal considering it was $30.

CanSee

Depressive freak
GeForce MX whatever versions are solid cards, but they definetly SUCK compared to the clean cards. And yes, GeForce 4 MXs are basicly the same crap as GeForce 2 cards. And you can't say a GF 4 MX is the same like a real GF 4 ! No way ! But anyway, Radeon rules, better antialaising :D and so on...

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro with 256 MB DDR2 RAM ;D

Anyone money spare to buy it for me ? ;) hihi

(Even if I had it, I'd need a whole new PC to run it...)

Radeons + glNintendo plugin are the best combi for N64 emu :D

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
God damn it the only major downside to a notebook....my specs allow perfectly decent N64 emulation except for the damn GFX card...i'm still trying to find out if I can upgrade and how...I know my mobo supports the Geforce 2go, but i'm nearly certain that's all it supports (other than the Ati Mobility M4, which is nothing more than a super-overclocked Ati 128.) It's an 815e intel chipset, PIII 900mhz, agp 4x.

It's a real pain because they don't sell laptop cards wholesale, they *didn't* used to sell them from Dell (although it's possible they do now I am told, through tech support possibly,) and it's nearly impossible to find compatibility information. I'd pay $300 to upgrade the GFX card in this machine.

Cmon', quit insulting the ati 128...at least not unless I upgrade :plain:

It's so annoying, the ati 128 *is* a decent card, as is my mobility m4, but it doesn't work properly with directx or opengl, all thanks to the crappiest drivers ever written, so it's all good for nothing. :doh:

fearpi

so, tagrineth... you hate the geforce2, you hate the geforce4, and you hate tenebrae. is there anything by chance that you like?