What's new

....Perfection?

AzNStYleZ

RPG Crack Addict
Hey guys, just a curious question but has anyone ever palyed at least one game w/ no crackles pops skips or anything along those lines..? just like playing the normal n64
THX FOR UR OPINIONS
:D :D :D

conkerman

conkerman
im pretty sure that mario64 is 100% perfect, as for other games, some are really really close...maybe zelda (since it gets a lot of attention and ive played it through without any problems)...
maybe some of the earlier n64 games will play well too like waverace (i forget other early games)
conkerman

OP
AzNStYleZ

AzNStYleZ

RPG Crack Addict
I have sound problems with alot of games, like zelda for example i always get poppy crackly noises and stuff anyone know hwo to fix that?

Cadex

You could enable "Sync gameplay to audio" in Azimer's Audio 0.40 beta plugin, which will probably fix the audio but cause jerky gameplay.

If it really bothers you, I recommend trying Zelda on Project64. That runs it perfect for me without the crackly audio of 1964. But really it's a minor problem and if you want a game to be perfect play it on an actual N64.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
If you want absolute perfection then emulation is not for you. Only SNES emulation is anything resembling "perfect."

OP
AzNStYleZ

AzNStYleZ

RPG Crack Addict
yeah i suppose your right, emulation shouldn't really be perfect ne wayz.... to picky aint i :D

tooie

maybe if you want it closer to the original you can remove all the features like instant saves, better gfx, cheats, etc .. then it will be closer to perfect as how the n64 does .. but perfection is maybe not exactly what you mean ?

OP
AzNStYleZ

AzNStYleZ

RPG Crack Addict
Yeah, by perfection i meant like cheats, gfx, all the good stuff PLUS complete smooth sound and gameplay...not gonna happen.. not for n64 ne wayz..well i hope it does! :D

scotty

The Great One
I know that that question depends on the system specs. I know that Mario Kart and F-Zero X are perfect here. Perfect Dark is fairly perfect with Azimers Audio .4 beta 2 with .21 style on(1964).
Games By Rare are really good on 1964, in fact I use PJ64 for everything, but games by Rare

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
For the N64, using the current methods of emulation, perfect emulation for every or nearly every game is practically impossible.

Clements

Lots of people complain of crackly sound, which I have never experienced. You need a fast processor (1.2GHz+) and a modern sound card.

I think it's a bit too early to be looking for perfection considering the relative difficulty and the relatively brief time that emulating the N64 has been viable.

scotty

The Great One
Clements said:
Lots of people complain of crackly sound, which I have never experienced. You need a fast processor (1.2GHz+) and a modern sound card.

I think it's a bit too early to be looking for perfection considering the relative difficulty and the relatively brief time that emulating the N64 has been viable.

As always Clements, you have a good point, it is somewhat early, but then again, It has really come along. I really think that if Jabo ever does come back to N64 Emulation, then maybe it might be earlier than we all think. Jabo's D3D6 V1.5 is the best Video plugin, I think that if he comes back, then the core of his emulator will be almost perfect to me

OP
AzNStYleZ

AzNStYleZ

RPG Crack Addict
sayargh, SNES Emulation IS perfect but im not so sure is 1.2 GHZ really needed to supply good sound?

Snes emulation isn't perfect, because there are still a few games which aren't fully supported, but ontopic: No you don't need 1.2 ghz to have excellent audio for all games: You'll need more. I think the most games will have good sound with dual 3,06 ghz.

Lol, kidding.

On your system you will get perfect sound if you use Nemu. Zelda runs for me without ANY skips.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
mightyrocket said:
Snes emulation isn't perfect, because there are still a few games which aren't fully supported

I think every single game that isn't supported is due to special chips in the CART that haven't been emulated. This in reality has nothing to do with SNES emulation itself, and the fact that most special chips are emulated perfectly is amazing.

Flash

Technomage
nephalim said:
If you want absolute perfection then emulation is not for you. Only SNES emulation is anything resembling "perfect."

No. Some SNES games even still not emulated (Top Gear 3000 etc...), some still
buggy

Neo-Geo can be called "perfect emulated" as all of today's games can be emulated without glitches. Same for CPS-1 and CPS-2 (although CPS-2 protection is not emulated, it's cheated)