What's new

PJ64, 1964 and NEMU... TOO FAST?

gamerk2

Banned
I have an unusual problem these days.
When running some games (castlevania: LOD and most noticeably, Body Harvest) the game tends to run WAY too fast!!
The intro for body harvest is too speed up (counter factor slows it way too slow). All plugins (both sound and graphics) can't seem to get the speed just right. Even some scenes from goldeneye run too fast, and everyone else says the game runs too slow!
Any advice?

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
There's an option somewhere to Limit FPS.

...there it is. In Project64: System -> Limit FPS. You can also just hit F4.

Also in 1964: CPU -> Video Speed Sync... or just F6.

OP
G

gamerk2

Banned
I've already tried that!! The worst example is the body harvest intro. The game runs around 52 fps. The sound runs at a good speed, but the graphics are WAY too fast. The fps limiter helps, but not much. If it were that simple, i wouldn't be here.
It's a good rom, i checked. If anyone else has this problem (or not) please tell me!

OP
G

gamerk2

Banned
Just figured out part of the problem, its a plugin issue. The graphics are too SLOW using one of Azimers plugins. Tried counter factor, speed limiter, sound buffer length, ect. Can't get this or other games' sound running at the correct speed.
I have found that other games that have long intros have this issue (mario party, castlevania). All of them have either sound or graphics goind too fast.
Any advice is needed.

scotty

The Great One
Body Harvest I know is not a perfect ROM. Even the U (!) version isnt good, when I run it on PJ64 it can go too slow at times.

You should have your system specs listed either in your information, or to post them with your message, perhaps it might not hurt you one day