What's new

Yoshi's Story for my Daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphdle1

I am new to the world of Emulation, and was hoping someone could help get me started. I have a PC with Windows XP Pro installed. I am looking to see if there is a way to install & play the following Nintendo64 Game for my daughter (Yoshi's Story or Island).

Is that what these emulators allow you to do? If so, what is the emulator that I should use, and where can I get the Yoshi game software for a PC? (I read on one site that emulators will only work with the CD & that you can't install a PC version of the game on the Hard Drive to play the game...Is this true?)

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
No one here can tell you where to get the game you seek. They are illegal (more or less, we won't argue that one here).

How it works is someone made a peice of hardware they could stick the original Nintendo64 cartridge into and that attached to their PC. From there they copied the data from the cartridge into a file which is called a ROM. You need to find this ROM on your own. Check Google or search in newsgroups for them. That's all I can say on that and it may have been too much already.

As to which emulator to use, that depends on your system itself. If you would posts your system specs it could be a little more clear. Personally I would try them all till you find the one you like and that plays the games you want.

1964 and PJ64 are personal favorites, but I am starting to enjoy Nemu64 also.

Trotterwatch

As to which emulator to use, that depends on your system itself. If you would posts your system specs it could be a little more clear. Personally I would try them all till you find the one you like and that plays the games you want

I won't answer this question as I do not have Yoshis Story, or at least I haven't ever bothered to play it. Though I should point out Lazertag that the user has posted there specs (look in the system specs section that Martin introduced right at the bottom of his post).

Yoshi's story is working excellent for me on 1964 with Jabo's 1.5, but with your specs it will run perfect with Project64. If you need the rom you'll have to search it by yourself. It's forbidden to give links. But of course I know good links, and I'm sure you'll find them too if you use search engines like google.

Allnatural

...and where can I get the Yoshi game software for a PC?
As others have stated, this must be searched for. Roms (games) can't be purchased legally, and the sharing of download sites is not permitted.

To be honest, I suspect you're not interested in learning the ins and outs of emulation. If this is really for your daughter I recommend you purchase a Nintendo64 and the Yoshi's Story cartridge at a used game store. Neither should cost much, and will likely be more satisfying for both of you. :)

If you search for 2nd hand stuff I'd recommend eBay. Of course I won't hold you for searching for a rom, but that's at your own risk.

OP
S

sphdle1

Thanks. You've been very helpful.

I tried running Project64 & it gave me the following error message:
"Graphics Error - Direct3D failed to initialize your HAL Device make sure you have a properly configured 3D graphics card compatible with Direct 3D 6.0"

I OK'd that and then it hit me with a second error:
"The default or selected video plugin is missing or invalid. Check that you have at least one compatible plugin file in your plugin folder"

Any thoughts on what I have misconfigured, or is my card not suitable?

Last edited:

conkerman

conkerman
radeon looks fine, update video drivers/make sure directx is installed/try to download other plugins and see if the problem still exists (to see if it's just the plugin you're using that's the problem)
conkerman

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
You need to reinstall your video card drivers qne/or directx it seems. Your video card is most definetely not at fault.

You can find ANYTHING (;)) on Kazaa.

OP
S

sphdle1

I installed the latest ATI drivers & directx, but still no go...

Are there any known incompatibilities or issues with Project64?

I opened 1964 & Nemu08 without error, however I don't have any ROMs to test them with, and they may not be checking the Direct3D video like Project64 is...Any suggestions (I would like to be able to get Project64 working if possible)?

I can't seem to find any links to the Yoshi's Story ROM. If anyone knows, my email is **removed** (I know it may be better to just buy the real deal, but I am too stubborn to give up now!)

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Man, I practically spelled it out for you. And you can't say you didn't know the rules, they were made very clear. Bye. :doh:

Allnatural

sphdle1 said:
I can't seem to find any links to the Yoshi's Story ROM. If anyone knows, my email is **removed** (I know it may be better to just buy the real deal, but I am too stubborn to give up now!)
I (we) tried to be nice, but you're just too damn stupid. :doh:

/closed

Status
Not open for further replies.