What's new

PJ 64 Text Issues

hey560

hey560,randomly generated nick
I've been having a problem with games such as Zelda OoT, and Mario 64, in which everything works great on PJ 64 V1.5, Jabos D3D plugin V1.5, except text during the game. The text is supposed to be white with a black border but only black shows up. I've attached a screen shot. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Allnatural

Probably that S3 ProSavage. I would try a different video plugin, either an older version of Jabo's or the Glide/eVoodoo combo.

OP
hey560

hey560

o ya i forgot to add that the text is fine with RGB emulation. Would this lay more blame on my graphics card?

OP
hey560

hey560

i tried the emulator on my other computer which has a different graphics card and the problem is fixed so i guess it is the graphics card, :(.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
The same problem exists on the Rage 128. 2 Solutions:

#1 - Use Jabo's 1.4, with validate blending on
#2 - Use Glide64 3.1WIP w/ eVoodoo 3.25 (The newer versions are too buggy with eVoodoo, you must set the buffer option from Z-Buffer (default) to W-Buffer for it to work properly.) Alternate Z-Buffer option with eVoodoo should be OFF, although it may be turned on to fix rare issues that occur on dirt paths and other rare situations (turning it on causes many other problems.)

#2 will result in nearly flawless graphics, at least on the rage 128. If the S3 is anything like the rage 128, you have no other viable options.