What's new

Satourne V1.0p Is Out!!!

Flash

Technomage
This new version is one big BUG.

It's just can't initialize some plugins.

"Failed to get xxxxPluginAddress()"

flow``

flow``
you have to manually go and register all of the plugins under the options menu i believe

select each options, then let it expand and hit "choose plugin" and hit ok on every one of them.. very tedious. i have yet to get proper cd-rom support yet

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
flow`` said:
you have to manually go and register all of the plugins under the options menu i believe

select each options, then let it expand and hit "choose plugin" and hit ok on every one of them.. very tedious. i have yet to get proper cd-rom support yet

That's because there is no cd rom support yet. The cd plugin currently only supports isos. You only need to set the plugins once. Then after that, they load automatically when you start up satourne. Check the satourne.ini and set the bios's in there.

You do have the required "msvcp70.dll" extension file in the satourne directory right?

flow``

flow``
yeah... nabbed them from efx2

i know what i'm doing, just not sure what the results are supposed to be :)

Flash

Technomage
flow`` said:

I can load only SMPC, SCU and SCSP plugins
and when i try to choose SH2, VDP or CD plugins i always get "Failed to get InitxxxxPlugin() address"', where xxxx is plugin type , SH2 for example.

Even when i've added plugins to ini manually i've got those errors.

And why plugin names in select dialog shown in 8.3 format ?

euphoria

Emutalk Member
I can configure the plugins ok, but it seems to "forget" the iso & bios sometimes... and it crashes every time i try to run the game :( But i got none of those bugs Flash gets. I used the msvcr70.dll from PJ64 1.5 package. Maybe if there are diffs? Mine is version 7.0.9254.0

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
euphoria said:
I can configure the plugins ok, but it seems to "forget" the iso & bios sometimes...

Like I said in the previous post above. Edit the satourne.ini file and add the paths to your bios files into the bios option.

euphoria

Emutalk Member
fivefeet8 said:
Like I said in the previous post above. Edit the satourne.ini file and add the paths to your bios files into the bios option.

No need for that. I think it forgot the bios just because it crashed and it didn't write the inifile before that.
Anyone know if Panzer Dragoon is supposed to work?

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
euphoria said:
Anyone know if Panzer Dragoon is supposed to work?

I've gotten it working, but there are a few graphical glitches. Namely, the sky and water are missing. Sprites and polygons are there though. So it's playable. Though Not as pretty

Panzer Dragoon Zwie 2 doesn't work. :(

euphoria

Emutalk Member
fivefeet8 said:
I've gotten it working, but there are a few graphical glitches. Namely, the sky and water are missing. Sprites and polygons are there though. So it's playable. Though Not as pretty

Panzer Dragoon Zwie 2 doesn't work. :(

Could you post your inifile, since i haven't got it working. Maybe it's a bad rip since using GiriGiri it plays the first mission ok and right after it it switches to Saturn CD player :(

Jupiter

Just a Jupi.
i myself don't have either msvcp70.dll or msvcr70.dll -_-
there's always something that prevents any given Saturn emulator from functioning on my computer T_T

Jupiter

Just a Jupi.
in response to my own reply, i did finally get Giri Giri Saturn working (by downloading it again from a different source >_>). now i just need to find a place to download the DLLs that Satourne needs (to be more specific, a place that doesn't inexplicably kill the transfer halfway through).

yyyy1313

In the rar in which you downloaded the emulator from. The only thing it won't have is the game or bios.

BTW: If you do a search in google for either .dll you will surely be able to find them for downloads.

Darkfox

That guy that does stuff.
2 years have past since the making of this thread... I'm not sure if it's the same here but thats often a big no-no.

phlim2

I have a problem running the ASPI plugin (either A or B)
I get an error:

Error Initializing ASPI
how do i fix this?