What's new

Zelda sound skiping error I want a clear answer!!!

Outside_Eagl

Okey look I know I have posted this question I think maybe a 1000 times before but I never got a clear answer. So I'm asking this for the last time, but now I want a clear answer.

The sound skiping in Zelda OT is a big problem for me, sence I can't play the game without sound and I can't stand the sound skiping!

So I go and look in the help file and what does it say there, well it says to try difrent sound plugins, untill you find the one that works best for you.

And that's all okey exept for one thing, all sound plugins exept the internal one crash when you try to run Zelda OT!

So now this problem, both the sound skiping and the sound plugin crash seams only to happen when you run Zelda OT!

So now mine question simply is: How can I fix this problem???

Is this to much to ask, I mean both all input and all video plugins all work with UltraHLE 2064...

So shouldn't the UltraHLE 2064 team fix this problem allredy I mean I know they work for free and all and that I should be thankful for a kickass emulator (and I am) but I can't take this problem any more...

Look I use UltraHLE 2064 becouse mine PC is slow, but if it was fast well if it was fast I whould use Project64, I mean hello I tested Zelda OT and no errors at all, but thats another story...

So to wrap this baby up I don't mean to sound unthankful or sound like a stupid bitch or anything but I want to play Zelda OT.
I want to play it on my slow PC not on a N64 but on my PC okey...

So I don't want to hear any stupid ansvers like by a faster PC or ansvers that have nothing to do with what I have asked!

I mean come on I'm a nice guy I'm not evil I just want some help thats all. Is it to much to ask for a little help...?

Last edited:
R

rico001

CLEAR ANSWER

Honest Answer: Your CPU is too slow.

If you have not tried UltraHLE Alpha 1.1.6.
and used my speedcpu hack and it still does not work..

You have a couple of options:

1. Overclock your computer hardware (CPU).
2. Buy a computer >= 500-600 Mhz CPU at a landfill or from a friend.
3. Buy a $150 dollar gamecube and the $10 zelda bonus disk.
4. Buy a new computer, just the box for $300 or less without monitor.

Sticky this if you want

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
I think it's hard to give a good answer at the first post, since most help that is given are guesses... Here is one so don't get mad:

Have you tried with another zelda rom? look for Zelda (v1.1) or (1.2) just to make sure the problem is not in your rom (since you can play well other games with all sound plugins). What about another Zelda games like Majora's Mask or Master Quest.

OP
O

Outside_Eagl

THX for taking the time to answer NeTo:flowers:

Now that you mention it you told me this before but stupid me forgot to try it out lol:happy:

THX again:D

Oh and sorry about the long speach but I got a bit pissed!

Oh and rico001 what did I say about stupid answers? Maybe you should go and read it again junior!

OP
O

Outside_Eagl

Nope i tryed both MQ and Majoras Mask and allsow Zelda OT version 1.1 and 1.2 and its the same sound skiping error exept for Zelda OT 1.1 and 1.2 they wan't run on UltraHLE 2064...

But honestly its more of that UltraHLE 2064 and Zelda games have some isues...

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Uhm, not good (just remembered MQ didn't work on UltraHle 2064 yet).

What about with the PAL (E) version? that version runs at lower fps, may help.

The other zelda's you could try crash with other plugins too?

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Does your machine have or would you be willing to go buy an old VooDoo2 card?

If so, the original UHLE might be up your alley. IF I remember right it played OT just fine with a few tweaks at certain spots. I think when I played it back then I only had a PII-450 and I don't remember it skipping all that much if at all.

Just a suggestion, take it or leave it.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Outside_Eagl:

we are not here for the sole duty to answer all your questions as soon as you post them, plus even I get sound skips from time to time and i've got a 1.2ghz processor.

This problem may not be solveable at the moment, have you considered that?

If you want the perfect Zelda oot I suggest buying a real n64 and playing it on that or a real computer. lol

OP
O

Outside_Eagl

As I said I was a bit pissed when I wrote my post, but the truth is that in about 6 days or so I'm gointo by a preaty fast PC so I just wanted to give it another go and play Zelda OT on my old PC but ah but anyway...

THX you all who aswerd and sorry if I was a bitch!

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Re: CLEAR ANSWER

rico001 said:
Honest Answer: Your CPU is too slow.

If you have not tried UltraHLE Alpha 1.1.6.
and used my speedcpu hack and it still does not work..

You have a couple of options:

1. Overclock your computer hardware (CPU).
2. Buy a computer >= 500-600 Mhz CPU at a landfill or from a friend.
3. Buy a $150 dollar gamecube and the $10 zelda bonus disk.
4. Buy a new computer, just the box for $300 or less without monitor.

Sticky this if you want

You don't even know what processor that user has. I already
have saw that it's probably an UltraHLE bug.

I can run both the Zeldas with almost no sound skips on my oldie with 1964.

The configuration:

Use 1964 with Jabo's 1.5 for GFX (of course you can select another plugin, but this is just the fastest). Use Azimer's audio 0.13b for audio, and input of you choice. Use Couter-factor 3 (press ctrl + 3 to do this), and go to audio-options and use "no audio fix", and the buffer a bit lower than "default" (2 or 3 lower). Now it will work fine!

R

rico001

my mistake

Outside_Eagl said:
THX for taking the time to answer NeTo:flowers:

Now that you mention it you told me this before but stupid me forgot to try it out lol:happy:

THX again:D

Oh and sorry about the long speach but I got a bit pissed!

Oh and rico001 what did I say about stupid answers? Maybe you should go and read it again junior!

my mistake; I almost mistook this for flaming...

I have also noticed how sound skips on slow computers like mine.

I just assumed you had a slow computer like my 333Mhz and we're discussing uhle 2064...

well now you have a fix for it/