What's new

UltraHLE running too fast? there may be a solution...

Outside_Eagl

Hi! I have two questions.

1. Can this program fix the sound skiping problem in Zelda OT...? And if not do you know how to fix the sound skiping problem in Zelda OT...?

2. Are you shure this program works at all becouse I haven't noticed any change maybe I'm running the program wrong...?

Becouse this is what I did I start the program and then I start an emulator. Is this the right way to use this program or do I have to select some way where the EXE of an emulator is...?

Here are my specs...

P3 500 MHz

RIVA TNT2 32MB

130 MB RAM

Windows 2000

THX!!! A 1,000,000,000,000,000,000... 4 any help...:flowers:

Outside_Eagl

First of all I'm not using UltraHLE I'm using UltraHLE 2064. Why whould I want to use UltraHLE (the old version) I was never able to fix the gamepad on the old version which left me with emotional scars... And Why whould you think I was using the old version, this forum is 4 UltraHLE 2064... I hate it when people give me the wrong ansvers to the questions I didn't even ask...

I can't use any other sound plugin then the internal one on the UltraHLE 2064, All other sound plugins krash with Zelda OT...

I can't use any other sound plugin then the internal one on the UltraHLE 2064, All other sound plugins krash with Zelda OT...

SO COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS PROBLEM PLEASE:cry: :cry: :cry:

Last edited:

Quvack

Programs like NeTo's in my opinion cause more trouble than anything, changing the priority of something isnt the wisest of things to do, its best left to the operating system. If I'm wrong and thats not what this program does.. sorry! :happy:

Dominator

Outside_Eagl : Calm down, Doomulation is just trying to help. I also hate it when people come up here and ask for questions that are detailed in the UltraHLE 2064 documentation.

Side note : Excessive speed tip is also detailed in the doc. Either run a CPU consuming program in the backgroud or open another UHLE session and make it run another rom (like super mario).

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Quvack said:
Programs like NeTo's in my opinion cause more trouble than anything, changing the priority of something isnt the wisest of things to do, its best left to the operating system. If I'm wrong and thats not what this program does.. sorry! :happy:

I think i will have some problems with that, I may change the name 'priorities' with something else in future versions :) .The bad side of changing priorities is that you can give high priority to a pogram and leave it that way. It will just crash in the long run, an maybe with everything else with it.

My soft is rather a priority manager for all processes running on your pc, it changes priorities like in a dinamyc way. Is like ehm for example you set the emu priority to high, then is the cpu is to get overstressed then set it back to normal, or to above normal, and then wait a few secs and set it back to high. At the same time you change the priority of a unused program to low, then back to normal then back to low. I have myself not found enough hands to do that manually.

I have designed then this automated way. There are several other situations that are covered in it, to prevent something from going wrong. Hope you got my point. I have covered this matter also on the readme of my program. In short words, this should be in any case better and less problematic than touching priorities yourself. Touching priotities manually is something i don't agree with too...

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Outside_Eagl said:
Hi! I have two questions.

1. Can this program fix the sound skiping problem in Zelda OT...? And if not do you know how to fix the sound skiping problem in Zelda OT...?

2. Are you shure this program works at all becouse I haven't noticed any change maybe I'm running the program wrong...?

1. I'm not quite sure. Maybe if it's related to your specs somehow.

2. Uhm. Have you tried choosing another preset setting? The default (Mid/High PC) gives only a small speed boost. The Low PC setting is more agressive, but may make your mouse slow.

Dominator said:

Side note : Excessive speed tip is also detailed in the doc. Either run a CPU consuming program in the backgroud or open another UHLE session and make it run another rom (like super mario).

Yep, i remembered that now, but i thought this could help out too.

Outside_Eagl

Yea Yea Dominator I know but I tought maybe somebody solved this sound skiping problem...:cry:

Oh and another thing for me this only hapens when I run Zelda OT both the sound skiping and that all other sound plugins crash expt the internal sound plugin... But this is only in when I run Zelda OT.

If I for exmple run Super Mario 64 sound works great and I can use other sound plugins without a problem...

Oh and one more thing, this new version of UltraHLE that is gona be able to run Master Quest "perfect"? Is there any chance that the sound skping problem will be fixed???:cry:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Because you're using the internal sound plugin afaik, you're actually using the same old uhle sound code, which did tend to skip.

You should change to another sound plugin. However, you say that they crash. But then, I don't know your soundcard, which could be the source of it, or something else...

A hint: enter your specs in the profile and you don't have to type them everytime you post!

Outside_Eagl

I not shure but I think it's SoundBlaster 128 PCI...

But the strange thing is that the sound plugin, whichever I use crashes only with Zelda OT...? which allsow has the sound skiping problem...

I mean I just tryed Super Mario 64 and none of the sound plugins crashed...???

So I don't know but as it looks like the only game that I have that sound skips in is Zelda OT:cry:

But THX anyway...:flowers:

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Outside_Eagl said:

So I don't know but as it looks like the only game that I have that sound skips in is Zelda OT:cry:

But THX anyway...:flowers:

Maybe you should try with another zelda ot rom. There three versions out there as far as I know

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
What i ment was that zelda U has versions 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2, i think zelda E has two versions (1.0 and 1.1). Add the J version and you have a total of 6 zeldas OT out there.

Flash

Technomage
Dominator said:

It doesn't work with Road Rash 64 even on my 900Mhz Celeron, i've tried to run archive cracking utility in background and i've got only some sound skipping but game was still too fast