What's new

Giri Giri Saturn

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
I have just got GiriGiri Saturn and cannot get it to run anything!!!
I have read the readme - I have euro games and have ripped them using CDRWin - can someone write a step by step guide!
Thanks Grant64

OP
Grant64

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Come on guys someone must be able to help!!! It loads the bios and then just goes to the CD player screen

Jupiter

Just a Jupi.
i have a stupid question... upon finally figuring out that you need to run gsaturn.exe within the command prompt (-_-), i now get the message saying 'drive door open' at the CD player screen o_o

drive D was specified as the drive to load disks from, and the proper region was also specified, and i'm also running gsaturn.exe with the -DISK parameter. anything else i may be doing wrong?

[edit] bwah, i figured the drive load fix was for XP. still have to load from ISO, i see -_- [/edit]

Last edited:
OP
Grant64

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Yeah I have it on code 12 - The game I have tried is sega rally! Any other ideas

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
Winxp cannot run disks with this emu. But running iso's are fine.

Grant64:

Have you successfully created a toc.bin for each iso?

OP
Grant64

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Yes! - I am gonna try with another game, incidently I looked in the GAMES.dat and there are nothing for (E) games - does this matter?

OP
Grant64

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
One more thing - intrestingly it acknowledges that the gam is there as I can play the music! of the game in the CD player - This happens with Sonic R and Sega Rally!

flow``

flow``
guys.. winxp runs cds fine. it's just a matter of setting up the correct ASPI layer.

i'm running windows server 2003 enterprise. all i did to get it work was correctly setup the drive letter in the userl.ini with
[cd]
driveletter=e

then start->run "x:/gsaturn.exe" - DISK

and it works with no problems.. i also have the latest nero installed, that might have an effect on it since nero's aspi layer is awesome.

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
flow`` said:
guys.. winxp runs cds fine. it's just a matter of setting up the correct ASPI layer.

i'm running windows server 2003 enterprise. all i did to get it work was correctly setup the drive letter in the userl.ini with
[cd]
driveletter=e

then start->run "x:/gsaturn.exe" - DISK

and it works with no problems.. i also have the latest nero installed, that might have an effect on it since nero's aspi layer is awesome.

I've done all of that and it still doesn't run games from the cd. I'm using winxp Pro. And I also have the latest nero installed.

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
Grant64 said:
Yes! - I am gonna try with another game, incidently I looked in the GAMES.dat and there are nothing for (E) games - does this matter?

I think the games.dat file has an entry for the (US) version of sega rally. What you could do is look at your sega rally(E) disk and find the game code on the front of the cd. Then use the format used in the games.dat file to copy the sega rally(US) entry but change the game code used to the (E) disk that you have.

I don't think it makes a difference though since my Panzer dragoon zwie(US) copy runs fine even without a (US) entry in the games.dat. There is a PDZ(J) entry though. Seems they have the same game code too.

sukkie

Banned
i cant even get the emu to start... as soon as i start Glaunch and try to get it started it says some cd error thing. is it just windows 98??? i dont have the 2nd edition so could that be it???:plain:

Musilecs

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL

Just read the docs. It's all there. It took me a week to figure it out (I was trying to use CDRWin 5 instead of CDRWin 3.9 to rip isos and it took me a week to figure out there was a difference) but I got it to work. I have played Shining the Holy Ark all the way into the forest so far and it works fine. I cannot get the CDs to play though because I use Windows XP, and I have tried replacing the ASPI drivers with drivers from every source I could find online (And I also have the newest Nero) but that hasn't worked yet. I am just hoping someone releases an OFFICIAL version so we can actually play without glitches and hacks. And, yes, even though I have 2 Saturns, I WOULD buy a *WORKING* emulator, especially if it allowed me to play with the screen res and allowed netplay with PC modems or broadband.....

al_moranas

I'm trying to play radiant silvergun, but it's giving me a RAM problem(in japanese of course) after I boot up. Can anyone please help me?

I'm dying to play this game.

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
al_moranas said:
I'm trying to play radiant silvergun, but it's giving me a RAM problem(in japanese of course) after I boot up. Can anyone please help me?

I'm dying to play this game.

Boot up into the bios cd player options. Select the memory manager option and clear the internal/external save rams.

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
Well, looking at your system specs, yep. You could try lowering the Vsync option in the Radiant Silvergun entry in the games.dat file. That speeds the game up some what. Set it to 30 or 25.