What's new

Star Wars Ep 1 Pod Racer

Acorn

The INI in 0.7.0 says to use rcp.dll to run it.

#1 Is this RCP's Direct3D v .06?

#2 (if it is) what Ucode setting should I use? I've tried them all but can;t seem to get it to work.

Thx, Acorns

Oh, woohoo, new forums ;) Much cleaner.

OP
Acorn

Acorn

In answer to my previous question, it runs on U-Code 5 (when I select u-code 5 after starting the game, it will run). Only the top half of the screen is used though =(

PJ64 1.3 runs it awsome also - but only uses 1/2 of the screen, cramping the enitre picture to the right half. Maybe just me, never seen anything about this problem elsewhere.

Specs for my comp:
Athlon 1.4Ghz
Geforce 2 Pro
256mb ram

Anyone got this game running normally on any emu yet? Aside from PJ 1.4 of course =)

zeus

Starwars EP1 Pod Racer runs on both Jabo´s d3d 1.3 and rcp d3d 0.6 video plugins. The game will have a wrong screen ratio in Jabo´s d3d plugin because the plugin does not handle high res. the way it should, giving most games with expansion pack enabeld a shrunk or wrong screen ratio. The easiest and only workaround is to disable the expansion pack by setting memory size to 4MB.

In 1964 the gui will show a "4MB" to the right of the fps meter when the expansion pack is disabeld. Since this problem is caused by Jabo´s d3d 1.3 video plugin this also applies to Pj64, where disabeling of the expansion pack gives the same outcome, a correct screen ratio.

Last edited:

Smiff

Emutalk Member
That was true but you can now force any res you want with Jabo's... fine as long as the game doesn't change res (most don't).

The bigger point I think is that if the game is using the extra 4MB to simpy raise the screen resolution (not texture resolution or numbers of particle effects or anything else) then there's no point running high res, because you're HLE and it's independant anyway... just wasting resources. Correct me if I'm wrong here.

People will want to be using my Project64.rdb with 1964 (to correct resolutions... though youll still need to force 4MB where appropriate with 1964.ini), put it in your 1964 dir and you should be all set.... though I haven't checked. You might want to add this to 1964 instructions at some point.

So er yeah does anyone know if any games with optional exp pack support (so not like ZeldaMM or even PD) are using the exp pack to do anything apart from raising the res (i notice they often only do it in one axis, grrr)

Eliminator

The Eliminator
On the real N64 Turok 2 when using expansion pak also adds smoother animations for enemies, more blood and dead bodies remain on the ground longer.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Eliminator said:
On the real N64 Turok 2 when using expansion pak also adds smoother animations for enemies, more blood and dead bodies remain on the ground longer.

right. gaah. :(