What's new

Duke Nukem Zero Hour U ROM Works

In DNZH if you play the first part of the game it will freeze right before the first level on the US ROM, this is a known issue. But there is a work arond, you need both PJ64 and 1964 to play it on PJ64 in this example. It is very tricky to do (or you just can download mem pak zip file).
Start 1964 and change the controller plugin to N-Rage (note it may have to be installed, just copy it form PJ64's plugin folder to 1964 plugin folder.
Then setup the controller plugin and go to the controller pak tab and select mem pak click new mem pak and name it whatever you want (note it works better if you click format mem pak). Then start DNZH play the 1st level then when it ask you to save, save it to the mem pak. Then hit the F5 to save it in 1964, then exit 1964 and start PJ64 and change the plugin also to N-Rage but do not change any settings (you shouldn't have to). Then start DNZH in PJ64 and select load form the menu then select "Duke Nukem Zero Hour A" then it should bring up the Level Select screen with "Mean Streets & Liberty or Death". It may take one or two tries before it works.
:nuke: :pj64:

Xade

Irrelevant Insight
Priceless.

There's always one. Or two. Or a thousand.

By the way, is Zero Hour good enough a game to warrant such a complex workaround?

OP
URAMetroid

URAMetroid

...?
Xade said:
Priceless.

There's always one. Or two. Or a thousand.

By the way, is Zero Hour good enough a game to warrant such a complex workaround?

This game is OK, but not really worth this complex cross emulator workaround, I was way too bored when I wrote this :yawn:

Allnatural

URAMetroid said:
This game is OK, but not really worth this complex cross emulator workaround, I was way too bored when I wrote this :yawn:
You should be proud knowing that it drew just enough attention for a rom request a year later. :p

revl8er

That Damn Good
Lol, stupid rom requests.

Zero Hour is a good game to play, but I still prefer Duke Nukem 3D over all Duke Nukem games. Now instead of using pj64 you can use 1964 to play it with no problems.

machspeed

Dead Guy
...he asked his question a year ago lol....thats some interesting stuff right there...he goes through all the trouble of looking through all the pages of duke nukem discussion and blows his first and only post on a ROM request

some people will never cease to amaze me
machspeed

vleespet

The decent one
If I should have made a list of suckasses on emutalk, this one should definitly be a part of the top 10.

talker

why not make a sticky thread with all the banned people...

The funniest one!. =D.. maby i will end up there a day,.. who know