What's new

Masterquest on Mupen 0.1 (linux)

piccolo17486

Just got the rom of Zelda: OOT Master Quest, and testet it on Mupen64 v0.1 (Linux) with glNintendo64 gfx plugin, and it worked great. No Problems with it... runs like the normal oot. Just need sound to have the real fealing... (but until that i can play it on the cube)

PS: i would upload a screenshot, but i dont know how to make one, in the past i did it with the kde tool, but i dont use kde in the moment and removed all kde files... is there another program for it??

bye

blight

either use the gimp or run
Code:
import shot.jpg
which will change your mouse cursor to a crosshair which you use to select the window to capture (just click inside the window)
instead of .jpg you can use lotsa other endings and if it's a know ending it will automatically be saved in the right format :nuke:

:)

OP
piccolo17486

piccolo17486

thanks blight, but where can i get this "import" program, dont have it and cant find it.
BYE

PS: gimp also doesnt work right, i cant "shot" the mupen window, an error message appears:
cant open file as swd or something like that.
Other Windows work youst dont mupen or perhaps opengl.

blight

Clements said:
Try the PrtScn key on your keyboard and paste it into Paint. That's how I do it.

he's using linux - no printscreen functionality, no paint

piccolo: i think it's part of the ImageMagick package

Martin

Administrator
Dr@mer said:
It is a special edition of Zelda - Ocarina of Time rom.
If you haven't it, go find it, or ...(COUGH)...pm me...(COUGH)

Want to be banned?

killthegene

One Kool dude
piccolo17486 said:
Just got the rom of Zelda: OOT Master Quest, and testet it on Mupen64 v0.1 (Linux) with glNintendo64 gfx plugin, and it worked great. No Problems with it... runs like the normal oot. Just need sound to have the real fealing... (but until that i can play it on the cube

alas i suspect that you are wrong. some of the backgrounds do not work (with mupen 0.1 atleast)

blight

Re: Re: Masterquest on Mupen 0.1 (linux)

killthegene said:
alas i suspect that you are wrong. some of the backgrounds do not work (with mupen 0.1 atleast)

i supsect YOU are the one who is wrong!
background isn't working for YOU!
what about giving us some information about your system?
OS? graphics card? drivers? did you try it with TR64GL? what options did you use for glN64? what is your screen depth?

i don't see any point why piccolo should tell us that masterquest works well if it doesn't ... now that you have found the rom after days of searching - do you KNOW it is a good dump?

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Killthegenre is right, zelda background doesn't work with this version of mupen64. It happens in all zelda oot, not only master quest.. It's caused by the lack of rsp emulation and also by an old version of tr64 plugin.

blight

zelda-oot works perfect with glNintendo64()-0.3.1 using GeForce combiners for me!
here's a shot...

blight

and i think that was with mupen-0.1... (this time with GeForce combiners, the other was with OpenGL 1.4 combiners i think (and lacked the "fire" from the logo)

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Blight: if you run it after the intro has ended you'll see that the jpeg backgrounds aren't correct... with the official mupen64 release. With latest beta and glnintendo64 it should work tho :)

OP
piccolo17486

piccolo17486

the background is a known bug in 0.1 i think and i said it runs nice beside the bugs which are also in OOT

"No Problems with it... runs like the normal oot"

so no war :)

bye