What's new

Windows XP / ME

skitzophile

Alright, I'm not real sure how to explain this but I'll try.

Some games that I try to load in XP (Conker, Banjo-Kazooie, Zelda) just refuse to run and lock up pj64 with a black screen after the rom is loaded. However, I slapped in an old 4GB hdd and loaded ME on it and these games are all running great! I've just about got Conker beat!

Now my question is, why are these not running in XP but running fine in ME? Has anyone else noticed this?

Here are my specs:

1.4Ghz Athlon TBird
256MB DDR
64MB DDR Radeon
Jabo D3D7.dll
N-Rage Input

Thanks

ps, I had the same problem with 1.3

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Runs Fine for me also, & I have never had any Probs with 1.3

Gideon007

the obvious would be checking if the rom is good (GoddN64) or if your graphics card drivers are the latest and greatest.
At least for Zelda, I have to say that it works good (with the known issues of course)

N-Rage

get the 3286-drivers from ATI. those drivers are for 8500 Boards, but u can install them on a old radeon too. They are best drivers for XP by far. http://driver.atitech.ca/drivers/wxp_8500_6_13_10_3286.exe
U have to update them manually since they dont recognise ur old Radeon.
hit update drivers at the GFX-Card properties, choose install from directory/ show all drivers and ingnore the moaning from XP. (those Options may sound different, i translated em from my german XP)

OP
S

skitzophile

Thanks guys! I'll try updating with those drivers as soon as I get home. It's such a hassle having to duel boot. And now that I think about it, my first install of XP 1.3 was working fine. But ever since this install I've had problems with it.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
skitzophile said:
guess what! updated to those new drivers and everything is working great! THANKS!

ooh aahhh oohhh ahhh yeeaaaahh! :D

(imagine vigorous pelvic thrusting)

N-Rage

bah, fuck XP...
stable my ass. about each third time i boot explorer.exe hangs right on the start and nothing except taskmanager works.
Give a big hug to MS for not giving up trying for 2 decades, maybe sometime they`ll get it right. :D

uhh, bit offtopic in that forum...

Jfletcher

N-Rage said:
bah, fuck XP...
stable my ass. about each third time i boot explorer.exe hangs right on the start and nothing except taskmanager works.
Give a big hug to MS for not giving up trying for 2 decades, maybe sometime they`ll get it right. :D

uhh, bit offtopic in that forum...
That happens to me once in a while too. I don't have to reboot very often though so it doesn't bother me too much.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Jfletcher said:

That happens to me once in a while too. I don't have to reboot very often though so it doesn't bother me too much.
Aaaah... that's too bad for you guys, works fine for me!
And always has! XP RULEZ!! Yet.

Doomulation

Jfletcher said:
The only time it happened to me was before I used Norton Utilities. Now it works like a dream.
:D
Whoa! I got Norton Utilities installed and it still works as fine!

Mayco

Windows Xp is the best OS ever:D !!! (i never tried Linux). It verry rarely crashes, it is just... something that you can call an OS. The only bad point is that it isn't 100 % compatibil with windows 98 / ME. Lucky Pj64 works great!!!:pj64:

Shinji

I've used Win XP and I haven't had a problem with Zelda loaded with PJ64

I do get errors when trying to load Nemu 0.7a. But as long as one Emu works, I'm happy.

Doomulation

Shinji said:
I've used Win XP and I haven't had a problem with Zelda loaded with PJ64

I do get errors when trying to load Nemu 0.7a. But as long as one Emu works, I'm happy.
Nor have I.
Huh? You get an error trying to load Nemu? I get a smiliar problem trying to run Zelda MM in Nemu. All other games works fine, though. It's a real pity I can't search for cheats in pj.