What's new

Waverace 64 and PJ 1.4

Ponderer

I must be missing something in the configuration. This game worked fine in version 1.3, but now it won't work anymore.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Nokturne

wellies, i don't know your problem, runnin "ok" over here (all defaults)... :(

But since its here, i'll add to the ? list :)
I'm gettin an annoyingly squished game-screen that likes to sit on the bottom of the screen, which also occurs in Smash Bros too (but thats been addressed). Any fix for that? (and don't say use 1.3, everyone knows that :p)

Last edited:
OP
P

Ponderer

Nokturne: Which plug-ins/settings are you using? When I try to run it, it shows the little Nintendo logo, then a black screen, and that's it. :(

Also, which ROM are you using? Mine comes up in the ROM menu with this note : External T OK for 1 player. The ROM is dated 7/20/97, and is 8MB.

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
I'm using all the default settings, Jabo's Vid and Sound and N-Rage's Input (The others don't show!) and it works fine for me.
I'm using "Wave Race 64 (U) (V1.0) [!]"
The game settings should be:

RDRAM Size=4
Counter Factor=Default
Save Type=First Save Type
CPU Type=Recompiler
Self-modifying code Method=Check Memory & cache
Use TLB=Yes
Linking=Global
Reg Cache=Yes
Use Large Buffer=No
Geometry Pipeline=Internal

If you haven't added any Unofficial updates the above settings should already be there. Try trashing everything in your PJ64 directory aside from the save folder and ROMs and what not, then copy all the 1.4 files back into the dirctory. Make sure to visit http://www.smiff.clara.net/emulators/pj64/index.htm to get the newest official RDB

EDIT: And, yes, it works for me as well :)

cchsieh

EdgeBlade said:
I'm using all the default settings, Jabo's Vid and Sound and N-Rage's Input (The others don't show!) and it works fine for me.
I'm using "Wave Race 64 (U) (V1.0) [!]"

"Wave Race 64 (U) (V1.0) [!]" works fine for me.
BUT "Wave Race 64 Shindou Edition (J) (V1.2) [!]" can't work !!!

"Wave Race 64 Shindoe Edition (J) (V1.2) [1]" supports rumble ...

OP
P

Ponderer

Well, I got hold of the US WaveRace ROM, and all is fine in the land of big splashes! Works great! Thanks for the help. :)