What's new

UltraHLE 2064 1.0.3 plugins problems

Dominator

Dear UltraHLE 2064 users,

We are well aware of the problems you may encouter with this UHLE 2064 release. So many various changes have been added in a rather short period of time that we expect you to help us bust various problems.

If you notice any trouble with the plugins system, feel free to report it in this thread.

Please make sure to read the help file first.
Give us as many details as possible on your hardware/software configuration aswell as the plugins version/configuration.

We are also interested in hearing reports concerning our Xengine plugin when ran on other emulators.

Thanks for your contribution.

- The Staff -

Last edited:

DeadRabbit

Emutalk Janitor
Hi,

Firstly, Many congratulations on the new release :)

I don't seem to be able to use the Daedalus 4.6 video plugin with the emulator.

I get the error, "Unknown error in Daedalus D3D process dlist", (the plugin is set for OpenGl). This is the result for all roms.

Jabos and the X-engine plugins working great (Well, I've only tried the OpenGl so far ;)

Keep up the good work guys. :)

Last edited:

Yogi

My system specs:

1.2Ghz Athlon
512mb PC133 sdram
Hercules 8500LE 64mb (Catalyst 3.1)
SBlive DE 5.1
Win98SE
DirectX 9.0a

Game: Super Mario 64 (U) [!]

Rendering engine: Default D3D plugin
Problems: Graphical abnormalities, i.e at press start screen, mario's eyes can be seen even though he closes his eye lids. Basically, polygons are not rendered correctly.

Rendering engine: Default OpenGL plugin
Problems: At press start screen, press start graphic is black in color, black patches on princess face when starting the game.

Game: Fighting Force 64 (U) [!]

Rendering engine: Jabo Direct3D7 1.40
Problems: Corrupted graphics at start up menu, ingame graphics are upside down.

Rendering engine: Default plugins
Problems: None worked. Corrupted at the start of game.

Sound: No sound.

Last edited:

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
There has been any improvement in the UltraHLE plugins? Also I can't go fullscreen in D3D mode (the emu crashes).

Torrente

I have some problems with DarkMan's DInput8 1.2 plugin.
I play GoldenEye with it and sometimes it resets the game without doing anything.
And some other times, the names of my roms appear over the screnn, without playing in full-screen.

My specs:
P3 800Mhz, 128RAM, WinMe, Intel 82810E (graphics), i don't know the sound.

I used almost all the plugins added to the installation.

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Hm...Jabo 1.5 doesn't work for me...when I load a rom, the window goes just black...1.4 seems fine :)

And I got strange sound problems...i.e. it's too fast O_O ...I never imagined my pc could emulate sound TOO FAST *ggg* ;)
But I don't have that problem using Jabo's 1.4 ...so it seems to have something to do with the internal graphics plugin...:getlost:

Hm...and I tried out that eDynamic-thingy (you know what I mean :p ) ...I don't recognize any changes though...

Anyway, great to see a great emu in progress ;)

mrxdvd

Phoenix Member
General and Specific issues

1. General issues

internal audio plugin- sound shuttering and picthing
external audio plugin- crashes the emulator in most games
jaboD3D 1.50- hangs up the emulator

2. Specific issues

tony hawk pro skater 1 and 2:

menu and background- wrong aspect ratio
game graphics- beautiful and smooth although i think it bit slow

duke nuke zero hour

menu and background- menu ok, background wrong aspect ratio
game graphics- ok, but much frameskipping

Robotron64---no sound!
menu and background- fine
game graphics- beautiful and smooth

asteroids64

game graphics- beautiful but big slowdown in explosions of asteroids

Cruisin USA-

menu and background- little in jaboD3D use Glide64 or it +evoodoo3
game graphics- graphic glichtes in sky and some sprites on screen use Glide64 or it +evoodoo3

Eathworm jim

SCARS--no sound

Fightfore64-not playable
menu and background- up-side down- evoodoo has a fix but Glide64 has not the opcode to run the game
game graphics- up-side down- evoodoo has a fix but Glide64 has not the opcode to run the game

Extreme-G2--won't working until set correctly micro code
menu and background- ????
game graphics-????????

my specs
win98 SE,
GPU: Jabo1.40,
SPU: Internal,
Control: noote
P3 600 - 256 Mb ram

Last edited:
OP
D

Dominator

Yogi : Fighting Force 64 (U) works fine with Jabo's 1.5 & jabo's input

Engeljaeger : Have you tried Jabo's 1.5 together internal audio and either Nrage input or Jabo's input?

mrxdvd : wow .. what a list ;) Have you also tried Jabo's 1.5 together internal audio and either Nrage input or Jabo's input? Are you using the Edynarec for Tony Hawk pro skater (it should speed up the emulation). Still looks much smoother with Jabo's 1.5 than 1.4.

Thanks a bunch for the complete reports.

Engeljaeger

professional pessimist
Uhm...yes...internal audio and NRage's input....

But uuuuhm...I just tried again......and just waited.....
In fact I waited nearly a minute and suddenly it worked o_O
Never had that before.... :plain:

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
Since the default UltraHLE plugins are the fastests for UltraHLE 2064, I think it should be a good idea to implement a Sync audio to game option in the sound plugin.

straight

I'm not sure if this belongs in the controller thread, but I'm still having the problem some reported before where on the game and track selection screens for F-Zero, the game acts like I'm holding the contoller to the right. I have to tap the key for LEFT as fast as I can to get the selection to move left (I can select Queen, but I can't tap it fast enough to select Knight).

Once I get to the ship selection screen, everything is fine, and the control in the race itself works OK (I should say fantastic! It runs about 20FPS faster than with 1964 on my machine!)

Also have a similar problem in Extreme-G racing

I'm using Glide64, UHLE sound, and the included NRage input plugin.

Also, the audio runs too fast in Banjo, Duke Zero, and Wave Race.

I sure am glad to see Glide64 working with UHLE! The games that work are fantastic. Great job, 2064 team!

OP
D

Dominator

Straight : Thanks, we're doing our best on the speed side as well. For the pad issues, it is due to the Nrage plugin. Try jabo's one for the games where Nrage acts weirdly.

milen

Glide64 works very good :)

There is not Voodoo > 2 support in glide part of Xengine.D3D work flawless but is slow, 5-6 times slower than jabo 1.5 plugin. Previous version of the plugin worked much much faster

mrxdvd

Phoenix Member
mrxdvd : wow .. what a list Have you also tried Jabo's 1.5 together internal audio and either Nrage input or Jabo's input? Are you using the Edynarec for Tony Hawk pro skater (it should speed up the emulation). Still looks much smoother with Jabo's 1.5 than 1.4. Thanks a bunch for the complete reports.

:)

I'm just felling a 'Beta Tester"

yes! I'm tried, but I not use anymore 'cause aways freeze my system
yes! I'm always use Edynarec.

Good Luck! for you and Ultra HLE 2064 Team

Cybercat

I have always gotten a "This application has failed to start because glide3x.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem" message every time I try to use any UltraHLE version. It sounds like something to do with Voodoo which is something I have in my computer (Glide64, for instance, has the word Glide in it and it's an Voodoo exclusive). I checked the option you enable if you do not have a Voodoo when I installed Ultra (the newest version). I don't see why, then, it is asking for something related to Voodoo. Like the message says to do, I have already tried to re-install it. How do the other vid plugins compare to that one?

Last edited:

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Cybercat said:
I have always gotten a "This application has failed to start because glide3x.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem" message every time I try to use any UltraHLE version. It sounds like something to do with Voodoo which is something I have in my computer (Glide64, for instance, has the word Glide in it and it's an Voodoo exclusive). I checked the option you enable if you do not have a Voodoo when I installed Ultra (the newest version). I don't see why, then, it is asking for something related to Voodoo. Like the message says to do, I have already tried to re-install it. How do the other vid plugins compare to that one?

The intallation option is related to our glide xengine renderer. The error you get is comming from glide64 plugin. You can get rid of the error by deleting (or moving) this plugin.

Cybercat

Hacktarux said:

The intallation option is related to our glide xengine renderer. The error you get is comming from glide64 plugin. You can get rid of the error by deleting (or moving) this plugin.

OK, thanks. What would be the best plugin alternative/what has been the most popular or successful?

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Most people like using jabo gfx plugin + internal sound plugin with uhle2064. You can also use glide64 with evoodoo wrapper (it can give higher performance sometimes and is surely better than the original uhle plugin)

Cybercat

Yeah, I've already used Jabo 1.5 plenty as it is the most functional I've tried. I'm kinda trying to veer away from that. If I use that one I might as well continue using Project64 v1.5. So where would I get the wrapper?