What's new

Windows XP problem some emulators

joedanX7

I have a strange problem in Windows XP when playing with some emulators like ZSNES, ePSXe, etc. The emulators indicate 59-60 FPS but the games run slower than that. Only Project 64 runs the games very well, but the FPS indicator shows about 300 FPS more or less.

When I play with emulators in Win ME, everything is fine.

Can someone tell me how to fix that?

Thanks.

AMD Athlon XP 1.4 Ghz (1700+)
Geforce 2 MX
256 RAM
80 GB HDD

Stezo2k

S-2K
Ugh, pisses me off when ppl flame XP, its not XPs fault, make sure that you have the latest nvidia drivers for XP, else you will get very low performence www.nvidia.com

see works fine for me, heres lunar 2 in epsxe with Petes OpenGL, 2X SAI And Filtering

Trotterwatch

joedanX7 said:
Thanks, man. That will help me a lot.

ROFLMAO, nice response :) Stezo2k he was not flaming XP, he was simply saying he was having some problems is all.

Not sure what the problem could be to be honest, I'm sure you've already updated your drivers etc. Try turning the limiter off on the emulators you are having trouble with (does it go faster?)

Someone will probably have experienced this problem before and can help further... the only other thing I can think is that somehow you have the settings for the emulators different in XP than in ME (not likely though).

Stezo2k

S-2K
yeah i know, just annoys me when ppl have bad oppinions of it etc new drivers should help the guy, i tried to take the frame limiter off epsxe to brag, but the damn thing still went 60fps, ah well, what can ya do :)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Stezo2k said:
yeah i know, just annoys me when ppl have bad oppinions of it etc new drivers should help the guy, i tried to take the frame limiter off epsxe to brag, but the damn thing still went 60fps, ah well, what can ya do :)
Hmm yeah, tends to do so when you got quality maxed out. Even though your computer can handle much more.

Stezo2k

S-2K
Doomulation said:
Hmm yeah, tends to do so when you got quality maxed out. Even though your computer can handle much more.

Heh, so can yours m8, your pc isnt much diff to mine, cept the ram hehe :D