What's new

Help me configure

Systemind

I have this cheap gamepad , its just like a playstation controller but without the analog sticks, what is the best way to configure the buttons for it, I know all the buttons won't fit on the controller but just the most used, I don't mind using the keyboard for the others...also are those switch thingys to use a n64 controller on the pc cheap? oh BTW I'm using the PJ64 1.5 emulator

Remote

How you set up the buttons for the best gameplay, I can't really answer, do a little trial and error with Mario Kart 64 or Super Mario 64 and you'll see what works and what doesn't. And the n64 switch thing, aka the Adaptiod, isn't dirt cheap but if you play alot then it's worth it... See www.jandaman.com for more info...

Chibi Nick

Emutalk Member
Systemind said:
I have this cheap gamepad , its just like a playstation controller but without the analog sticks, what is the best way to configure the buttons for it, I know all the buttons won't fit on the controller but just the most used, I don't mind using the keyboard for the others...also are those switch thingys to use a n64 controller on the pc cheap? oh BTW I'm using the PJ64 1.5 emulator
what kind of gamepad is it?

Stezo2k

S-2K
ah i remember wanting one back in 98 when i had my 1st pc, cant remember the name of it, add joypad in control panel comes in handy, if its not listed, just install the drivers from a disc or get them from the official site ( for my microsoft side winder i can get em from www.microsoft.com ) or if that doesnt work just select how many buttons and axis it has.

a good configuration is

N64-Psx
A = X
R1 = Z
B = Square

The rest can be the c buttons etc

i find this the best

But cuz i have a ps-pc adapor i use the right stick as the c buttons, the left stick as the analogue, and the d-pad as the d-pad

OP
S

Systemind

Is something like this
gravis_gamepad_pro.jpg
not exactly that brand and stuff but it haves all the exact same buttons four on the front(in my case square, triangle, X and circle) and four on the top L1 R1 L2 R2