What's new

PSX Mortal Kombat 3 Problem

Clements

When I play this game using ePSXe 1.52, it hangs just before the fight starts. Is this fixable? I've used five different plugins (including Pete's OpenGL/Direct X 1.70 and Lewpy's + eVoodoo) and it happens which each.

Thanks.

Edit: Upgraded to Pete's 1.71 Plugins (released yesterday) and I still get the hang.

Edit 2: I've now tried two other emulators, and they failed to even load the game.

I'm using an ISO, does this make any difference? My other ISO works perfectly.

Last edited:
OP
Clements

Clements

I tried a different BIOS, no luck, I'm afraid. Maybe this game is unsupported, which is odd, as MK Trilogy is supported.

OP
Clements

Clements

I just have the ISO, and I don't have the CD unfortunately, so I can't try it with that.

mustapha

Banned
Another responce.

You really want to play this game so bad.
Do you have msn.
I tried to get some help on the epsxe board but it dident work.

clements.. you should play mk trilogy.. TRUST ME
mk was really good till mk trilogy for psx came..
i`m really good at mk3/trilogy if there is anyway to play it online heheh.. i also got the pc version of mkt..

mustapha

Banned
There is a way to play mk3 online

get the sega genisis rom and the emulator gens.
it has a online gaming function.

OP
Clements

Clements

I sort of collect MK games so I have all the Snes and Megadrive games, MK2 being my favourite. Disappointing that I can't get it to work, as it is a bit of a waste of HD space just sitting there for the time being. Isn't there some sort of compatibilty list I can look at or something?

OP
Clements

Clements

It may be corrupt, but I don't know how to check ISOs. Can you help me out with a program that does this?

OP
Clements

Clements

Thanks for the excellent program :) It turns out that the image was indeed corrupt. I checked my other ISO as a comparison (which works fine) and that wasn't corrupt. Thanks again!

OP
Clements

Clements

If its corrupt, its a lost cause. Oh well. But now I can check Isos if they are corrupt thanks to Quip :)