What's new

Microcode Error

quantumAlpha

Im trying to play Perfect Dark in pj64 version 1.5 and at the area 51 level, it gives me a Microcode AutoDetect error and after clicking ok, more keep appearing. is there a way to fix this microcode problem or turn of autodetect?

OP
Q

quantumAlpha

im using Jabo's Direct3D6 1,5 for the graphics and its worked the entire time up to this point. this is the only game i find this error with.

i checked it with goodn64 and it was ok

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Oh no! Jabo's GFX 1.5 better not be broken!!!

If I end up getting a microcode auto detect error, can I add
it myself to file?

Qwaar Jet

I'm having Microcode problems too.This problem occurs with Blast Corps 1.1.Plus I get jerky sound and occasional 5 second lock-ups.I've verified the rom with goodn64.Plus, I've fiddled with every damn option I can find! Help forumnites!

Specs:

Duron 1.2 GHz
GeForce 2 MX400
On-Board sound VIA
256 MB SD
Windows XP

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Qwaar Jet said:
I'm having Microcode problems too.This problem occurs with Blast Corps 1.1.Plus I get jerky sound and occasional 5 second lock-ups.I've verified the rom with goodn64.Plus, I've fiddled with every damn option I can find! Help forumnites!

yeah this be well known, add

426EA66D=0 //Blast Corps (U) (v1.1), map screen (64ultramaniac)

under [Microcode Identifiers] in RDB

scotty

The Great One
ahhhhh the good old microcode error, I have seen it myself when I play Turok 2: Seeds Of Evil when I try to use the map, it is also a well known problem, but I never knew how to solve it. It is also the reason I stopped playing it, once I hit the Lair of The Blind Ones (Lv.4), and I needed it to wim in the dark, lets just say that it is hard to see where you are going. I always used it at this part when I played it on the original cartridge.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
quantumAlpha said:
Im trying to play Perfect Dark in pj64 version 1.5 and at the area 51 level, it gives me a Microcode AutoDetect error and after clicking ok, more keep appearing. is there a way to fix this microcode problem or turn of autodetect?
quantumAlpha: there are 3 parts to that level could you be a little more specific please ?

Also what Region and Version is this (And Goodname)

Plus a .pj Save State would be helpful to check exactly where you say it is :)

OP
Q

quantumAlpha

More info

I tried using many different gfx plugins and none seem to work

I verified it's goodname to be: Perfect Dark (E) [!].v64
And some more statistics from the PJ64 Rom Info:
Rom Size: 0.0 Mbit
Cartrige ID: PD
Manufacturer: Nintendo
CRC1: 0xE3AF8007
CRC2: 0xA601FF33
CIC Chip: CIC-NUS-6105

This error occurs in all of the Area 51 levels (mabye something to do with the files used in the map/characters that were compiled)

Also is an attached Savestate in ZIP format

Have you at least try'd the US ROM. It work's fine for me, but I did have one problem, not to long ago with Jabo's D3D 1.5 (a lot of moving wall texture's), but all I did was delete the GFX plugin and remove the setting's in the registry, and copy it back out of the PJ64 install file (with WinRAR).
Now it work's fine for me.

(Note: the ROM size is 256MBit not 0.0MBit (Note again: 0.0MBit has no data for a game), but if the file size is 32MB (on the hard drive) (Last note: 32MB is 256MBit), that part is OK):geek:

OP
Q

quantumAlpha

Nope, PJ64 reports it as 0.0 Mbit
File size is 32.0 MB (33,554,432 bytes) (as reported by windows)

More detail on the prob: it begins to play the video to open the scene and the storyline, but after a few seconds, it brings up the error. The video isnt actually video though, it's preprogrammed character motions and animation, so at that point, the level is loaded up already.

As for a US version of the rom, i have not found one yet, i'll keep trying though. I used a gameshark cheat to bypass the area 51 scenarios and all the following levels after that work flawlessly (at least there's no microcode errors)

Well, it's not that important for me anymore, i beat the rest of the game :), but if you want more info about it for developing and testing purposes id be happy to help

OP
Q

quantumAlpha

Mabye it has to do with my chipsets, i got it to work on another computer (P3, GeForce4 520?) without problems using the same plugin, but on my comp (AMD K7, ATI Radeon IGP 320M) the problem still appears.