What's new

SNES emulation error

scotty

The Great One
Why does ZSNES keep giving me a black screen when i try to load it, I keep getting advice for it, but yet nothing seems to work. I still use SNES9X, but I want the change to ZSNES if this ever gets fixed

OP
scotty

scotty

The Great One
I matched everything on there. Still no luck.
As I say to amny people on here, Windows ME, it sure sucks. I am just waiting till Windows comes out with something that I can actually use, I know my luck, if I get Windows XP, they'll come out with something new that is good

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
scotty said:
I matched everything on there. Still no luck.
As I say to amny people on here, Windows ME, it sure sucks. I am just waiting till Windows comes out with something that I can actually use, I know my luck, if I get Windows XP, they'll come out with something new that is good
Don't say that. M$ new oses will surely be more crap and contain even more spyware than xp already does.
I strongly advise to not get any newer os as m$ seems to be playing a little game on us users.

Clements

Example of spyware? I haven't come across anything that has directly hampered my computer. They can spy on me all they want, I don't care. And as if they care what I'm getting up to, when there are millions of other users. If you get Windows XP, the positives far outweigh any disadvantages. I'm probably in the minority as I actually paid for my Windows XP. Worth the money (just).

Doomulation

We don't see the spyware, of course, but there's probably lots of it there. We just don't see it.
But anyway, xp has advantages over disadvantages, i agree. But future systems? I don't really think it will weight over that...m$ seems to play games with us.

OP
scotty

scotty

The Great One
MS does no games, it is really the people that use the OS, people know how to program these things, when and if M$ gets old and no one knows how to use it, there wont be many games on people. Linux didnt when they first started, because they did not have many people that knew how to use it, most people use Windows, and they know how to hack using windows, thats why there are these viral files and games gonig on

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Doomulation said:
We don't see the spyware, of course, but there's probably lots of it there. We just don't see it.
[Morpheus Mode]
Take the blue pill Doom.
[/Morpheus Mode]

Lillymon

Ninja Princess
Clements said:
Example of spyware? I haven't come across anything that has directly hampered my computer. They can spy on me all they want, I don't care. And as if they care what I'm getting up to, when there are millions of other users. If you get Windows XP, the positives far outweigh any disadvantages. I'm probably in the minority as I actually paid for my Windows XP. Worth the money (just).

Windows XP is borderline. It has the beginnings of Palladium implemented but not enough to see inside of a user's PC. The next Windows will have full Palladium implemented and more than likely require a TCPA-enabled PC.

Oh, and you will care. Anything that is illegal or poses a 'threat' to TCPA members will be fully open to the members. You can bet the IDSA and RIAA will get a look in too...

Clements

Therefore everyone with Longhorn will be arrested/fined etc! (Who doesn't use illegal software? :happy: )

Stezo2k

S-2K
yeah windows xp contains spyware, but also win 98, 2k, 2k3 and ME does too, its well worth the money like clements said, rarely crashes, very compatible, and looks really nice, its worth the upgrade. But i'll never get longhorn, unless its hacked so it lets u burn cds have mp3s etc, and as long as it is as good as XP.

www.fuckmicrosoft.com

explains the spyware, and how bad ms can be

Stez

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
I have to say that the article FuckMicrosoft.com is based on has a few HUGE exaggerations in it.

One I can cite offhand is:

It's pretty obvious why the concept of perpetually upgrading is a bad idea for consumers. Perpetual upgrading encourages Microsoft to ship bug ridden products because they can always charge for the upgrade after the bugs are fixed. Case in point, Windows 98 is essentially a bug fix for Windows 95, but those who paid for Windows 95 still have to pay for what should have worked right the first time they bought it.

Windows 95 also came out three years before Windows 98. Win98 does fix a lot of bugs in Win95, of course, but it does more than that as well, and with a three year gap, how could they not fucking charge for it? The biggest improvement (not bugfix) I can think of in Win98 is Windows Update, which didn't exist before 98 appeared (or at least didn't work too well).

Then there's...

Caldera has an excellent description of how Microsoft uses vaporware to "curtail adoption of competitive products by deceiving end users" along with an unfortunate example of how Microsoft's blatant lies led to consumers foregoing the adoption of a superior, available product in anticipation of Microsoft's non-existent product (i.e., a DOS-less consumer Windows which still doesn't exist as of this writing [August, 2000], well over half a decade later). Caldera's entire paper is highly recommended reading.

Um... so? Windows 2000 Professional counts as consumer-capable IMO. And a lot of educated consumers do use 2k Pro as their OS, despite MS not realising they could advertise it as such.

There's probably more but I have other things to do right now.

Imoto

Game Boy Goddess ;P
Like hell can Microsoft charge for Windows 98. Or do we pay a monthly or yearly fee for Support and updates?

We could be lucky for the normal Bugfixes, Patches or anything. If Microsoft really want that we pay for all, then everyone would have a specific Service-Contract for Updates and so on. Like the Company I working for.

But then you get more than just updates, you will get the CD's with Update's if you want, for nothing.

But that they charged for Windows 98 SE. OK, it was on CD, but that I couldn't download them from their Website?

I may use Windows Me.. (not a bad Windows, a little more condy in some ways than 98, but the loss of DOS-Mode) but many people say, that Windows 98 SE is still the best Windows for Home-Use and Games.

And if you want a Windows with less bugs, less spyware and stability: Use Windows NT or Windows 3.11 for Workgroups.
The Problem is that many Games, Programms, Tools ect. don't want to run on these.

About the Config-Prob. Rename your *.cfg and reconfig your ZSNES.

But for best results, you will have to use both, SNES9x and ZSNES. because there are still Games, that won't work correctly with ZSNES or SNES9x, but will work in the other.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Imoto said:
Like hell can Microsoft charge for Windows 98. Or do we pay a monthly or yearly fee for Support and updates?

Windows 98 was a MAJOUR upgrade and came THREE YEARS LATER. What's your point?

We could be lucky for the normal Bugfixes, Patches or anything. If Microsoft really want that we pay for all, then everyone would have a specific Service-Contract for Updates and so on. Like the Company I working for.

Microsoft Windows Update. What's your point?

But that they charged for Windows 98 SE. OK, it was on CD, but that I couldn't download them from their Website?

I agree about Windows 98 SE, but Win98 deserves a price tag even for previous owners of Windows 95.

And, fuck, they DO offer a reduced-price UPGRADE VERSION of every single release of Windows. Oh no. What a horrid practice.

Think for a moment. If MS offered the Upgrade versions free... and only charged for full installs... how much do YOU think their profits would decline? It would be a total disaster - Windows would sell a hell of a lot more, but MS's profits would plummet drastically.

I may use Windows Me.. (not a bad Windows, a little more condy in some ways than 98, but the loss of DOS-Mode) but many people say, that Windows 98 SE is still the best Windows for Home-Use and Games.

Windows ME should never have been released; MS should've made some kind of Windows 2000 Home Edition or something.

And the people that say 98SE is the best Windows for home use and games... are probably teh people still clinging to their pure-DOS mode games.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not specifically defending MS, I'm just pointing out that many people seriously exaggerate how bad they are.

Doomulation

Note that m$ did not want to make another os when win98 was released. They were happy with it.
However, they were forbidden to ship ie4 with new computers. So therefore, they made win98 with it built-in. So why not pay for that?

And the "free" updates just fixes some problems but causes more. And at that, it contains even more spyware.

Oh and this is getting a little off-topic :satisfied

Stezo2k

S-2K
Imoto said:
that Windows 98 SE is still the best Windows for Home-Use and Games.

lol, you even used xp? Ok it may not work too well on 400mhz, but when u got 800+ it runs outstanding, read the benchmarks, xp is excellent for gaming, and for home use? Well its superb, Stable as hell, handles RAM a lot better, quick and very compatible with win98 stuff.

Dont get me wrong, win98 was a good operating system at the time, but it crashed a lot, and handled ram quite badly.

Stez

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Doomulation said:
Note that m$ did not want to make another os when win98 was released. They were happy with it.

So the consumers pleaded for a new version, and thus the monopoly reigns.

However, they were forbidden to ship ie4 with new computers. So therefore, they made win98 with it built-in. So why not pay for that?

I don't quite follow. My friend Jonathan has a laptop with "Windows 95 with Microsoft Internet Explorer" on it (yes, it actually has 'with msie' under the Windows 95)...

And the "free" updates just fixes some problems but causes more. And at that, it contains even more spyware.

Can we say paranoia? Jesus, SPYWARE SPYWARE SPYWARE... it seems like that's your whole problem with Windows. Show me absolute proof that every version of Windows is laden with Spyware and I'll accept your arguments. Until then, just effing leave it be...

Oh and this is getting a little off-topic :satisfied

And whose fault is that?

I'll give you a hint:

Don't say that. M$ new oses will surely be more crap and contain even more spyware than xp already does.
I strongly advise to not get any newer os as m$ seems to be playing a little game on us users.

Doomulation

Tagrineth said:
I don't quite follow. My friend Jonathan has a laptop with "Windows 95 with Microsoft Internet Explorer" on it (yes, it actually has 'with msie' under the Windows 95)...

M$ did ship ie with windows on newer operating systems to beat netscape as you might know. However, they didn't do it legally and were thus forbidden to do so in court. That's the point of windows 98, it had it "built in." They were about to be sued on this as well, but the case was lost because they didn't do anything wrong. It was "built in" with the software as a part of it. They didn't force anyone to install it.

Can we say paranoia? Jesus, SPYWARE SPYWARE SPYWARE... it seems like that's your whole problem with Windows. Show me absolute proof that every version of Windows is laden with Spyware and I'll accept your arguments. Until then, just effing leave it be...
Just ignore it then, because it's true and that's part-reason why i don't get any updates.

And whose fault is that?

I'll give you a hint:
Did i blame anyone for going off-topic? :plain: so why are you bitching on me then?

Imoto

Game Boy Goddess ;P
Tagrineth said:
Windows 98 was a MAJOUR upgrade and came THREE YEARS LATER. What's your point?

I tried to explain that Microsoft could INDEED charge the customers for it.

See above.

I agree about Windows 98 SE, but Win98 deserves a price tag even for previous owners of Windows 95.

Did I say otherwise?

And, fuck, they DO offer a reduced-price UPGRADE VERSION of every single release of Windows. Oh no. What a horrid practice.

Think for a moment. If MS offered the Upgrade versions free... and only charged for full installs... how much do YOU think their profits would decline? It would be a total disaster - Windows would sell a hell of a lot more, but MS's profits would plummet drastically.
You're right.

Windows ME should never have been released; MS should've made some kind of Windows 2000 Home Edition or something.

And the people that say 98SE is the best Windows for home use and games... are probably teh people still clinging to their pure-DOS mode games.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not specifically defending MS, I'm just pointing out that many people seriously exaggerate how bad they are.

First, as I bought Windows Me, I thought it woul'd be a Win2K for Home Users.. but it wasn't.

And this People are those, how still use their 400 MHz-Machines. And thats an awfull lot of them.

Yes, where not Defending Microsoft, but only try to clear some facts, no?

First, I was a little shocked with your response, but I calmed down. And if the Mods don't Mind... isn't that a Off Topic Windows and MS Upgrade-Topic?

@Topic: Did it work?