What's new

Im SO dumb

Good_Vibes

OK, heres the deal, becusae i'm very stupid, i started up a game for PJ (Zelda) and when it started instead of pressing F7 to load a game.. i pressed F5 which saved it right at the begining. i was almost done the DAMN game. and now i lost everything.
Is there any way that i can edit the file er sumfin to get my game back? HELP ME PLZ...:cry:

SonOfBattles

nope, nothing you can do
i hate it when that happens
:cry:
you can look for someones savestate on the forums though, people like to pass those out....

holtzboy

i was mad last night because i just started the game out and got my sword and shield and was headed to see my deku tree. good ol project 64 got an error and i thought that was bad! But there surely are some save states out there close to where you were in the game so dont worry!

SonOfBattles

actually, now that i think of it, there might be a save editor for N64. but i might be confusing it with something like ZSNES or Diablo :doh:

Tora

3V1L N3K0 D00D <|>_<|>
hey goodvibes, i could post my savefile. im probably not as far as u were. actually i know im not, where i am is the fire temple. i havnt gotten thru any of the fire temple yet, but im there. i already learned the tune to go back and i got epona already also. want my save? ^_^ basically i been sick really bad so all i been doin is layin in bed playin zelda oot and zelda mm, that and gettin a buncha roms and playin em (i now have.....93 roms, 1.28 gb ^_^).

but so u want my save file?

Clements

Clements's Moral of the Day: Never use Save States when you can just press start and then B. :D

OP
G

Good_Vibes

TORA

Tora,
Yo, what sup.. girl/boy, haha not sure yet... id love ur save state file if thats cool wit chu? ur a god damn life saver.. i was about to shot myself in the teeth lol j\k

[email protected]
:saint:

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
From my experience, PJ64 makes two saves. Every couple saves, it saves on some sort of backup. The main save is called something like ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK.pj.zip (or whatever game it's called), then the other save would be something like ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK.pj6.zip. You can delete the one you just saved, rename the other save (hopefully it made another one), then just rename it to ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK.pj.zip. Hopefully it'll be there, and you haven't saved multiple times for that game since you accidentally saved the first time, and you won't be too far back.

Tora

3V1L N3K0 D00D <|>_<|>
ok, i'll e-mail it to u. i just got the boots from the ice cavern, along with zora's tunic and that song to get to the water temple. even tho i dont need em yet cuz i still need to beat the fire temple ^^; oh, also i have 28 golden skulltula tokens, with 2 more u can get the giants wallet. but im e-mailn u the save state right now ^_^

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Modem: The pj64 only makes one save state at a time. For default it saves to pj.zip. Then if you press any of the numbers in the row part of your keyboard, then press f5, it saves to pj#.zip, where # is the number you pressed. The tilde thing (~) next to the 1 is for the pj.zip. So, your 'second save' is probly when you accidentally hit 6 on your way up to f5. The numbers are a good way to save in multiple points, but always use native saves! To load or save anything, you just press the number(or tilde) and then f5 or f7. When youi start pj64 new, it presses the tilde for you.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Hint of the day: use savestates for quick save/load (if you need to leave right away, for example). But also keep saving the normal way all the time and you won't get data loss! Well, not much anyway.

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
That's odd, because I use a gamepad, so there's never any use in pressing any keyboard buttons besides F5 and F7. I never have to press 1 through 0 at all, I swear, it just does it by itself. *shrug* Ah well, guess it's just luck, because saves frequently die on me, espically with Majora's Mask, which is why I always save state at least three times in a row now, hehe.