What's new

usbmod for ps2, has anyone tried this...

sk8bloke22

roll for life
http://www.modchipstore.com/ps2/usbmod

"The worlds first External ModChip for the PlayStation 2!

The USBMOD (SBOX) is the worlds BEST external solution for US, JAP and PAL PS2's. It slots nicely into the PS2 USB slot. You can now play your PSX and PS2 backups (compatible with All Titles including EA Sports Games that have been patched with the new EA Patches). The USBMOD requires the DVD-Region-X (US Customers) Click Here for Information (Newer GameShark2 Versions will NOT work) or Action Replay 2 (Euro Customers) to play your PS2 backups. PSX backups play without any need for either of these. Only 1 very easy link wire to solder. Printed directions, Easy Online diagrams, wire and solder are included. The ModChipStore.com USB Mod is backed by our 100% Guarantee."

its cheap, (£8 at lik-sang). and for ps2 backups u dont need any internal chipping. presumably that means i can also play import games as well as backups. plus if a game isnt compatible wiith modchips, then theres no prob as its usb. anyone got it or tried it...

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
That's old news it's already almost six months old or something like and it was known as the SBOX and the Neo-key both USB Mod chips.

Furthermore a friend of my has bought one and it worked absolutely perfect.All games (backups as well) work on it.

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
cool.
do u need to internally install that one wire. the advert aint worded too good.

is it hard..

OP
sk8bloke22

sk8bloke22

roll for life
does that involve soldering, as i hav a shakey crippled hand (lol) .

nah seriously i aint to good with a solder, i can make nice blob out of big chunck of solder iron though.