What's new

w00t! Dream PC (Kinda)

Mingo3k

Mingspeed!
-CPU, RAM, Motherboard, Heatsink-
AMD ATHLON/THOROUGHBRED XP2400 (2.0ghz) Socket A
DDR-DIMM 256meg x 2 CORSAIR TwinX XMS3200 400mhz Matched Pair eXtreme Memory Speed
Thermalright SLK-900U
Socket-A EPOX 8RDA+ REVISION 1.1 Nforce2 (Crush 18D) Chipset

-Video Card, Monitor-
ATI RADEON 9700Pro SAPPHIRE ATLANTIS 9700PRO 128meg DDR TV / DVI out
LG_17" Model F700B Flatron

-Storage-
Western Digital 40 gig 7200rpm with Data-Lifeguard_ATA-100_JB 8meg Cache (boot)
Western Digital 120 gig 7200rpm with Data-Lifeguard_ATA-100_JB 8meg Cache (entertainment)

-Removable Drives-
DVD-CD-ROM IDE 16x DVD MITSUBISHI OEM / OPTIONAL BLACK BEZEL
CD Burner IDE 52x24x52x SONY CRX-220E OEM / OPTIONAL BLACK BEZEL
Mitsumi 3.5" 1.44MB Floppy Drive, with Lian-Li aluminium faceplate

-Case, PSU, Extras-
Lian Li PC-50 Bare-metal MiniTower all-Aluminium case w/front USB, NO PSU, 11 bays
PowerSupply ATX ANTEC (USA) 430watt "TRUE POWER" 2 Fans Gold Plated Connectors P4 Supported
Aluminium mousepad M2, by Lian-Li, anodized bare-metal finish

Almost got this game worthy beast ;)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Ah, sounds like my next PC

except i'm going for an Athlon XP 2500+ Barton.. its got more cache than the other kind.

I'd go for a Nvidia card but thats me :p

I plan just to use what i've got until i have enough to buy a geforce 4 ti after i've got my athlon.

this upgrade is going to cost me £250 British pounds, $3000 sounds rediculas. if the austrialian dollar isn't worth far less than the pound you got ripped off bad :p

Read:
AMD Athlon "Barton" XP2500+ 333FSB (Socket A) CPU - OEM (CP-039-AM)
A new generation of AMD CPUs the AMD Athlon "Barton" XP2500+ features a total 640KB of full-speed cache memory - 128K L1 cache (64K instruction and 64K data) and 512K of L2 cache. Increased cache memory allows more information to be stored closer to the processor, leading to greater performance on software applications such as digital content creation, 3-D gaming, media encoding and office productivity. Featuring QuantiSpeed™ Architecture for Rapid Execution of Applications.

Price: £124.30 (£146.05 Including VAT at 17.5%)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_AMD_CPUs_51.htm

That comes with a fan and heatsink, the motherboard i intend to buy is about £75.

Not bad if i do say so myself.

Last edited:
OP
Mingo3k

Mingo3k

Mingspeed!
well, where im getting it from, they dont have the barton athons..
well i dont think so anyway :p
ill have to check again

hmmm, after browsing their prices...
AMD ATHLON BARTON XP2800 (2083mhz 333FSB) Socket A $729.00
AMD ATHLON BARTON XP3000 (2166mhz 333FSB) Socket A $1,199.00

Last edited:

Vchat20

My Dream PC (not so W00t)

My Dream PC is as follows. if anyone thinks something can be upgraded to something a bit better say so.

P4 2.8ghz
1GB DDR RAM
dual 120GB Hard Drives
DVD Burner
19" LCD Display
SB Live Audigy
ATI Radeon All-in-wonder 9700
Gigabit Ethernet with a T3 Pipe

And The Peice de la Resistance! (trying to act french. LOL)

Get A Big Honkin' Stereo With a Dolby Decoder built-in and attach it to the SB Live

Good system? think something needs fixed? also, sorry if it is a bit vague, but I have not been keeping up with latest products too well lately.

EDIT: if anyone is wondering what the main use will be, probably rebroadcasting my favorite TV channels onto the net. (yep, possible. check out Nullsoft.com/NSV)

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Yes, first off, screw those p4s. They aren't what they seem to be. If you really want something, go for those amd barthon.

AMD ATHLON BARTON XP2800 (2083mhz 333FSB) Socket A $729.00
AMD ATHLON BARTON XP3000 (2166mhz 333FSB) Socket A $1,199.00
That is predicioulusly EXPENSIVE! :doh:

Vchat20

that is the problem. I want to save as much money as possible while keeping this a rediculously high end system.

Doomulation

Whoa, Cool down! Don't get the latest. You'll just loose everything you have!
If you wait a little, everything will go down in price. So get a little cheaper. It isn't THAT necessary to get things that prediciously expenisve.

Vchat20

dont worry. it is gonna be a millenia before I am able to get a system like this. remember, it is a dream system.

Flash

Technomage
I know one guy with really mad machine:

2x Atlon MP 2800+

16Gb RAM :eek: (i have enough memory in my machines, but 16G is more than enough for a good mainframe :) )

10x180G HDDs

And .... Wildcat VP990Pro video :eek: :eek: :eek:

Vchat20

DAMN!!!! how much did that cost him? about 9 grand? with that he could very well be able to do some major 3D work like in the movies.

OP
Mingo3k

Mingo3k

Mingspeed!
hmmmm

well, you said its expensive...
have you converted it to your currency?
cause thats in australian dollars... :S

i think im going for a 2600+ instead of the 2400+ btw

Doomulation

Do yourself a favor and get at least another sticky of 256 mb ram and you'll see an increase of speed. Believe me.