What's new

how do i make my bus speed go up to 133mhz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gokuss4

Meh...
well actually i know how. i recently found out it was only at 100MHz, but when i set it up to 133MHz with the jumpers, the boot up says it's an AMD Athlon 1100MHz. How do i make my bus speed 133MHz without that happening? my motherboard is a PC Chips M817LMR.

Stezo2k

S-2K
strange... @ 133 does it say actually that its 1100mhz? Cuz sometimes it can be misleading, but stay at the right mhz.

If it fails, jus overclock

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
So it was XP 1700+ :p
Checked in bios that it's actually SET to 133 fsb?
If so, it may be downclocked.

OP
G

gokuss4

Meh...
my cmos settings dont have that kind of setting, but ill try again and see what happens...

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
gokuss4 said:
well actually i know how. i recently found out it was only at 100MHz, but when i set it up to 133MHz with the jumpers, the boot up says it's an AMD Athlon 1100MHz. How do i make my bus speed 133MHz without that happening? my motherboard is a PC Chips M817LMR.

That don't look good! That sucks!!!

Maybe you should get a Soyo motherboard or as a last resort, just use an old Athlon T-Bird 1.4 ghz instead. LOL!!!

Last edited:
OP
G

gokuss4

Meh...
ahh forget it, it must be one of my RAM sticks at only PC100 or something, i know one of them is PC133, but im not sure about the other cause it doesn't say...

ill just wait for my DDR RAM to come, than ill see if my bus speed will go up to 266MHz, cause right now i have the jumper all the way off, rather than shorting any of the 3 pins. and it's causing me no problems, except my bus speed is still 100MHz. and YES i do have DDR and SDRAM slots 2 of each, up to 1GB max capacity... i think i should upgrade my mobo soon...

Chibi Nick

Emutalk Member
gokuss4 said:
ahh forget it, it must be one of my RAM sticks at only PC100 or something, i know one of them is PC133, but im not sure about the other cause it doesn't say...

ill just wait for my DDR RAM to come, than ill see if my bus speed will go up to 266MHz, cause right now i have the jumper all the way off, rather than shorting any of the 3 pins. and it's causing me no problems, except my bus speed is still 100MHz. and YES i do have DDR and SDRAM slots 2 of each, up to 1GB max capacity... i think i should upgrade my mobo soon...
it won't go up with different type of ram...

Doomulation

Stezo2k said:
heres a 1700Athlon XP @ 2.8Ghz :phone:

That link doesn't work...or the server must be down atm.
Anyway, 2.8 ghz? :doh: isn't it more like 1.8? If it's 2.8, it would be hella expensive!

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
I think he means overclocked... though it must be with vaporchilling or something similar, because I have only seen them go up to about 2.3 GHz on air.

Doomulation

Chibi Nick said:
it won't go up with different type of ram...
Yes it will. The fsb is used by other parts in the computer as well. Such as the memory. Set it to 133 and 266 mhz ddr ram will use that speed. Set it to 100 and it will only perform in 200 mhz.
But then...i don't think anything can "set down" the speed.

Stezo2k

S-2K
Doomulation said:
That link doesn't work...or the server must be down atm.
Anyway, 2.8 ghz? :doh: isn't it more like 1.8? If it's 2.8, it would be hella expensive!

works now mate, a athlon xp 3000 is clocked @ 2.1ghz, so i guess the highly overclocked XP1700 @ 2.8ghz is as powerful as a 3.5Ghz P4, wow :happy:

Doomulation

Whoa, how the hell did he get it up so much?! Not to mention the cooler he must have but...can it really be overclocked that MUCH?!

OP
G

gokuss4

Meh...
lmao, you guys i just found out my bus speed is really at 133mhz (133.34mhz actually) i downloaded WCPUID. nifty little program to check your cpu. well now that my problem is done and over with. someone can close it now!

Stezo2k

S-2K
Doomulation said:
Whoa, how the hell did he get it up so much?! Not to mention the cooler he must have but...can it really be overclocked that MUCH?!

it can be done, my mate has his Xp2000 overclocked to around 2000mhz, he used an athlon XP3000 Cooler & heatsince, all u need is a good cooler/heatsync

Status
Not open for further replies.