What's new

F-ZeroX w/ PJ64 1.5

Velocity 7

Okay. You know in the PJ64 Game FAQs, where it says if cars are black, that means one's computer doesn't meet the system requirements?

Now, I find that utter B.S. I meet all requirements (and beyond), and even fit all the TextureOpCaps that Jabo's plugin uses. And I still get friggin black textures. I've got the latest drivers I can find for my laptop, so I don't know what the hell to do; any ideas?

Computer configuration:
Windows XP (no service packs), Pentium 4 1.7 gHz, 512 MB PC-133 mHz RAM, Geforce 4 Go 420 AGP 32 MB VRAM, Yamaha AC-XG w/ DLS support, 20 GB hard drive

Project64 Configuration: GFX: Jabo D3D6 1.5 GFX, SFX: Jabo DSound 1.5, Controller: N-Rage D-Input8 V2 v1.82a

EDIT: I've already used Jabo's D3D 7 1.4 with no success. Glide64 w/ eVoodoo doesn't work, period. :p

Last edited:

Clements

Use Glide64 0.31 WIP and the eVoodoo 3.25 wrapper. The cars are now have colour! Available from the main download section on the main page, and search these forums to find out where the files go if you don't know.

The black cars is an issue with Jabo's D3D6 1.5 plugin.

Last edited:
OP
Velocity 7

Velocity 7

I see...ok, that should have been put in the Game FAQs then. :(

But eVoodoo with Glide64 doesn't work at all...it only works in Zelda for some reason. All other games get a black screen -_-

EDIT: Where to get version 3.25? I only see 3.2 on the official site...o_O

Last edited:

Clements

1. Use eVoodoo 3.25
2. Put Glide2x and Glide3x and eControl in the same directory as Project64
3. Put Glide64 in the plugin folder

Note: If you use any other plugin, it looks even worse than Jabo's, so Glide is your only bet. It should work as our graphics cards are almost the same.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Yeah, uh, I said that it's a plugin issue not a system requirements problem some time ago, guess nobody listened. :p

Anyway, yeah, Glide64 can run the game *mostly* correct. There are a few oddities, and the specular highlights are of course not present, but oh well.

OP
Velocity 7

Velocity 7

Thanks! Colors are working now!

Perhaps someone should update the Game FAQ for PJ64 ^_^;;

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Velocity 7 said:
EDIT: Where to get version 3.25? I only see 3.2 on the official site...o_O
This is because eVoodoo was never actually released. It was a beta and still is a beta at 3.25. It did work better with Glide64, however, and when mcleod took a break from it (when glide64 took a break), they actually put it up on glide64's homepage, so all users could enjoy glide64 with eVoodoo.

So there's your explanation. :)