What's new

What happened to PSX forums?

blizz

you see if I was a mod I'd move this to Talk of The Town or Suggestions, which are far more appropriate places for this thread

*cough* hint *cough* ;)

RPGlover12

i didn't like the psx forums from the begining
they dont have anything except
bleems died
what happened to vgs
epsxe compatibality list
help
:)

OP
pj64er

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Sorry Blizz, i forgot PSX is no longer a Next-Gen system. ???

ya, if ur a *cough* Mod *cough*. u may move this elsewhere. In fact u could remove this threat... if ur a mod *cough* hint *cough*. ;)

just wanted to know, because I have problems with my ePSXe and WinXP...

Martin, what forum are you talking about?

OP
pj64er

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
do you have lots of experience with ePSXe?:)

i guess i'll ask it here.

OK, I tried to get MGS: Integral to run on ePSXe with all included plugins (oh, I used the W2K CDR plugin) and Pete's Video and Audio. The game is fine in the main menu, but when I try to start the game, the screen just stays black.???

OP
pj64er

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Nope, doesnt work...

I actually wonder if the compatability modes are useful in WinXp. They never work the way it was advertised:angry:

MGS does work on this emulator right?

blizz

yeah it does, you may have to turn of mdec support but it is certainly playable

is the game not running at all or the emu?

OP
pj64er

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
the game runs, but doesnt play. If it has to do with the mdec support, how do I turn it off?

Cyberman

OK, I tried to get MGS: Integral to run on ePSXe with all included plugins (oh, I used the W2K CDR plugin) and Pete's Video and Audio. The game is fine in the main menu, but when I try to start the game, the screen just stays black

I think MGS: Integral has problems running under ePSXe. That's the deal there. I saw a post in emuforums of the ngemu site regarding this. It's not the same as the US release which makes things interesting.

As for PSX emulation etc. Well Yeah bleem died and that's that :)
VGS was bought out.. and that's that. It's not a big deal we just live with ePSXe and about 6 other up and coming PSX emulators that do a good job :)

I can't tell you off hand what the problem is on MGS: Integral either, some of the PSX emulators allow you to step through the code, in this case that would be good. I know right now I would like a debugger version of ePSXe so I could work on my GPU plugin more.

Cyb

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
The compatibility mode sometimes makes games , programs work that don't opperate under Win XP self but this doesn't work for every game or program.

blizz

I just tried running my copy of MGS (it's the platinum PAL version) and it wouldn't

yet Kula world runs fine, I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the CD plugin, and not the actual gpu and spu plugins, since the barret CDR plugin completely freaked out on me (unsurprising given it's age), I'm not sure if XP has an aspi layer since Win2000 was missing it, but download a copy of wnaspi.dll into the epsxe folder for good measure and if it does cause a problem it can always be safely deleted easily.

oddly neither off my copies of FFIX work, although my US copy used to, but Chrono Cross still works,

OP
pj64er

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
I download the wnaspi.dll already, and it doesnt make a difference. Same problem, no better, no worse.

So is the US version the only one comfirmed to work with ePSXe? ???

blizz

I have a suspicious feeling that it is, have you tried ripping the game and seeing if the iso works?

OP
pj64er

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
ya, i tried the ripped iso of the cd. No luck. :(

hav u tried to emulate the iso of your pal version, Blizz?

blizz

yeah it didn't like it, unsurpirising since Europe is the place where they like to try out new anti-piracy measures for Sony,

Intergral is the Jap version with the american dialogue isn't it? because I can't find a protection fix for that, suggesting that it either doesn't need one or isn't protected or it's something else,