What's new

How to assign Keyboard key on PSX Pad ?

Sheen

Hi!
Please, I would like to know how could I assign keyboard key (In my example F5/F7 for the quicksave) on my PSX Pad

The PSX pad is connected to a smart joypad 2 USB, there is no driver installed and it work perfectly on WinXP and Win2000

Is there any apps who can help me to assign keyboard to paddle ?

Thanks for your help

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
sorry, no easy-to-explain method for doing that. I, too would like it, but pj64 don't give you a choice regaurding which butons they are (like in zsnes). The hard method would be to reprogram pj64 to set 'save' to the pad, but i dont know how.

OP
S

Sheen

Arg... in reality I play project 64 with TV Out and psx pad in my bed lol :)

So the latest thing that I wish I have are 20g of weed or the button F5/F7 on the pad lol
I got a little of weed so the shortcuts will be welcome

Is there no controller plugin to make a such thing ?

Personnaly I find this strange that nobody create a such plugin because I think that I'm not the first to ask that

Thx for your reply Jimbot

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Yes, you can...

Download a program like Joytokey to assign keys to joy buttons. I am also working on a more complete program that does that, but i may take a while finishing it.

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Yeah, just post here when your done...

Even in a month, any new post will go to the top of the list.

Should be pretty awesome if you are able to do it.

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Ok then!

Hey thanx! I'll work on it as fast as posible. (I have done nothing in almost a month cos my monitor burnt out, and my tv isn't the best place to code, hope to solve that this week).

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Umm you know, it's pretty easy to do. Using DirectInput, an app can detect whenever a button is pressed on a keypad and simply send a message to an app describing a key was pressed.

But well, good luck.

OP
S

Sheen

Thx for your idea Doomulationbut I don't know how to use direct input because I don't know anything about programation :(

I prefer to wait for the soft of NeTo ;)

Doomulation

That's simple :)
Goto ms and get their dx sdk. I used directinput a little before, it isn't too hard :)

OP
S

Sheen

Lol I've never touch sdk files lol
Last time I've programmed in vb my brain was in idle mode lol
No thx don't like this, I love all on computer except programing :)
I can be patient.... or buy a wireless keyboard ^^

Doomulation

Heh. Did I ever tell you to even do such a program? :D
Someone can if they wish, I just gave a tip on how it can be done :)
Personally I think it's a waste of time. The current shortcuts are good enuff.:flowers:

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder

Yes I'm using DirectInput, and i don't think i'm wasting time, since i'm giving it some other options to make it useful for some other games (and some apps, i hope). That's why it may take a couple of weeks from now.

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Thanks a lot, hopw it goes well!

See you in a couple of weeks (I'd do it, but I'm too lazy, and Iv'e got school and a job and practice. The only time I play an emu is at school in comp. class!)

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
puff

I have made some progress on my program. But now i'm missing something: sheen, on wich buttons do you want to assign the quicksave functions? With that ansewred i can post the file with what i have made so far.

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
I have no idea how hard or easy this may be, and beggars can't be choosers, but if you do it so that, like with other controller setups, you press the button you need, or make a list in a text file that tells people where to put this or that mumber and letter, because, to be fully funtional, (I would like to use it too), you might want to make it customizable, or something like that.

Completely positive suggestions, and because beggars can't be choosers.

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Yeah i thought that

Yes that the idea (to have a configuration). But i have made so many options that making a nice configuration page may take a while.

But with i have done so far the program can be manually configured., opening a file and setting the right commands.

I remind you i'm just starting making it and I hope to make it a great software in the near future :cry:

PS: the program installer is in Spanish. I will download an english installer software next week.

PS2: To use the app. just open it and from the first tab pick a profile (a configuration file). The one named 'Project64 enhance 2' has buttons F5/F7 assigned to buttons 1/2 on the pad. To modify it go to the 'profs' folder and open the 'P64 2.ngp' file. There is also there a reference file that may be of some help .

PS3: If you try out the Max Payne Profile (Hope the buttons are the same in the english version) tell my what you think. By now doen't work well on my pc, and that has given me a headache. I have found no probs anyway with the project profiles.

PS4: If your pad if is not a HammerHead FX, a message appears when starting the program. Just clic ignore to bypass it.

PS5: Only the profile selection box and the settings tab works, but all the possible commands that can be programmed to the pad using profiles work.

PS6: Hope the message wasn't to long to be read.

Last edited: